[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

devilhel
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by devilhel »

Hello, my dear friends.
I wanted to ask for advice. Even in 2015, I set on the Root Samsung 40F6400 firmware T-MST12DEUC_1120. If my memory serves me was still needed for this Skype. In general, root was and I was satisfied. Then he had forgotten about it. And recently discovered that there is no Root (no access for ftp, telnet, and so on.) Read branch, concluded that the most likely updated smarthob. All updates I had been deactivated in the service menu. Root Installed in a new way. He appeared ftp, but became terribly slow down smarthub. You press the button "additional apps", and the set does not respond to any commands 2 minutes, then droops and everything works. If you open smarthub without flash card (which was installed samygo), then the TV hangs with a black screen. I wanted to update samyGoso but could not, do not have access to the section / mnt / opt / privateer / usr / bin is not right to overwrite, although all the files and folders in the properties is "full access". When I try to access tv through putty, he says he can not do (Network error: Connection refused). I Tried 1 and 2 method if problems occur:
1) If "occasional" root (not working as expected on every startup) it could be due to not fast enough USB detection, so you might edit / mtd_rwcommon / SamyGO / rcSGO file and add some sleep into it by editing its second line ( use advanced text editor such as Notepad ++, not Windows Notepad !!!) eg:
2) If no root at all, try to replace SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix / data / data.zip by this one on USB. This file already includes 'sleep 120' before autostart, so restart rooting procedure and wait at least 3-4 minutes before checking root.
Not working for me. In the first and second case - a black screen. Add you a log. (http://ctrlv.it/id/5245/3090721479 pass: 25653452)
I did a factory reset via the service menu. Everything happened exactly the same. I appeal to you, as it does not find the specific information that would help me.
I really hope for your help. Thank you. (sorry for my english) :)
Samsung UE40F6400AK firmware T-MST12DEUC_1120.2 :cry:
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Could you SHORTLY, explain WHAT is the problem? it looks everything works :) Log looks okay. Congratulations :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
devilhel
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by devilhel »

Problems:
1. Cannot write/rewrite SamiGoso. Don't have permissions. (do not have access to the section /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin)
2. I need all times plug usb-flash on tv, otherwise smart hub don't answering (black screen)
3. Putty work's only by "telnet"

Trivia:
1. Pop-up messege "Virtual USB" (annoying)
2. How to turn off notification that Skype would soon will disable? (the menu has all turned off)
3. Tip's how to use virtual RC. (constantly shows how to use the r?)
Samsung UE40F6400AK firmware T-MST12DEUC_1120.2 :cry:
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

devilhel wrote:Problems:
2. I need all times plug usb-flash on tv, otherwise smart hub don't answering (black screen)
3. Putty work's only by "telnet"
VERY GOOD. That's EXPECTED :) Awesome it works for you :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
wanthom
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by wanthom »

Hi, I have F6740 model, with 2113 sw.
In service menu is not in menu OTN support, but I block firmware updates on router correctly.
On usb I have two folders SamyGo_data with samyext4.img and folder SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix, ofcourse with files from archive from first post.
In Smarthub-Donwloaded apps I found aplication SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix, but without icon, size is 0Byte and after start application I get this error:
Can you help me?
wanthom
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by wanthom »

If I must downgrade firmware, I found here https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9497

I have T-MST12DEUC, but I dont know which ones?

2013.09 ? T-MST12DEUC_1112.2
2014.03 ? T-MST12DEUC_1119.0 (latest "Skype" rootable)
2014.09 ? T-MST12DEUC_2000.2
Ceikor
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Ceikor »

I have a F6270 with 2115 and i can root my tv without problems.

Try a "SmartHub" reset or a reset over the "Service Menu"
danilabagroff
SamyGO Project Donor

mounting /tmp/loopnone on /mnt failed: Input/output error

Post by danilabagroff »

Everything worked like a charm for a year (or something), but since today I stuck with:

sam.log

Code: Select all

+ /tmp/bin/busybox losetup /tmp/loopnone /dtv/usb/sdb1/SamyGO_data/samyext4.img
+ /tmp/bin/busybox mount -o sync,exec /tmp/loopnone /mnt
mount: mounting /tmp/loopnone on /mnt failed: Input/output error
dmesg

Code: Select all

[EMMCFS] version is "v.453-2013_08_12"
[EMMCFS] git branch is "v.453-2013_08_12"
[EMMCFS] git revhash "58b3f825e6bc75366c5da6d8fe53ae4bbf595198"
[EMMCFS] mounting loop3
emmcfs-ERROR:550:emmcfs_verify_sb: SB: bad signature - 0x00000000, expected - 0x5346434d4d6531
Football match is about to begin, but OSCam doesn't even boot up :(
Looking forward for any ideas.

start tv with different usb dongle with rooting stuff? no luck
record trick (https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?f ... 3A#p86421k) ??no luck
atilla
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by atilla »

can any one help me! i use an UE55ES7090 series and root is working fine but 2days ago running Telnet yet. but today no Telnet but ftp is working !!!

i use latest f-mst-fix Version this working on me.... Has anyone any idea?
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

@danilabagroff & @atilla, Probably this is a solution:
mihd wrote:[...] To prevent overflow samygo.log must also correct the 01_01_catch_crap.init (1st init-script). It is necessary to replace ">>" on ">" in the first row, which refers to the log.
Content of samyext4.img, by the way, is just growing at the expense of log-files. If the content is more than 134 megabytes, then there is a problem (cyclic reboot).
sorry for my english
UE40F8000 (T-FXPDEUC-1136.0), BD-D5500

Return to “[F] Software”