[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

derekct81
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by derekct81 »

Hello friends,

I have a big problem.

I rooted my f8000 No-MST with second method (no Skype, with usb-key inesert in my tv) and i use tricker (same video of first post).

About 2 days ago it doesn't work. Indeed SamyGo start but brick tv and i must put off key and restart tv and i can't use OScam.

Anybody can help me?

Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Did you try to delete sam.log from /mnt?
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
gilsonsjc

Post by gilsonsjc »

sectroyer wrote: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:54 pm

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T EXPECT HACK TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY IF YOU DON'T DISABLE OTN SUPPORT IN "EXTENDED" SERVICE MENU!!!!!!
I am about to try this method on my Samsung F Series TV running firmware version 1121 and I have 2 questions before I do it:
1) How do I access this "Extended" Service Menu to disable the OTN support?
sectroyer wrote: Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:54 pm
  • This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk.
  • If firmware name contains MST, it's MST (eg. T-MST12DEUC_1120.0, mostly F5xxx/F6xxx models), else it's not.
2) Where to I find my TV firmware's name to identify whether or not it is a MST?

Thanks
gilsonsjc

Post by gilsonsjc »

gilsonsjc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm 1) How do I access this "Extended" Service Menu to disable the OTN support?
I've found this page http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu and the method #2 showed the menu below, which I assume to be the "Extended" Service Menu - would someone confirm?
P_20170429_203756.jpg
If so, which menu section shows the "OTN support"? I've navigated on all the top level entries and was not able to find it.
gilsonsjc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm 2) Where to I find my TV firmware's name to identify whether or not it is a MST?
This menu I've found shows my TV is a MST - so that question is already answered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gilsonsjc

Post by gilsonsjc »

gilsonsjc wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:43 am
gilsonsjc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm 1) How do I access this "Extended" Service Menu to disable the OTN support?
I've found this page http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu and the method #2 showed the menu below, which I assume to be the "Extended" Service Menu - would someone confirm?

P_20170429_203756.jpg

If so, which menu section shows the "OTN support"? I've navigated on all the top level entries and was not able to find it.
gilsonsjc wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:30 pm 2) Where to I find my TV firmware's name to identify whether or not it is a MST?
This menu I've found shows my TV is a MST - so that question is already answered.
Ok, I was able to finally answer all my questions and install SamyGO on my TV. The complete installation information is hard to find since there are several pieces on different threads and sites - one tip to the dudes who come up with this awesome tool is to add all information required to perform the installation from start to finish in a single thread. I think it would help people coming on board.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

It's designed especially for you to read before you ask. Looks it failed :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
gilsonsjc

Post by gilsonsjc »

zoelechat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:09 am It's designed especially for you to read before you ask. Looks it failed :)
I have no problem at all to reading instructions. My complain was just related to content organization - a step by step from the gecko would solve this issue and you guys would not need to spend time answering basic questions, just like I did. ;) Here are the notes I took during the installation for my own reference in the future and it could serve as an nice example of a complete how-to installation (for my TV version, of course) ->

Code: Select all

1) Identify the TV's firmware version by acessing the "Extended Service Menu". Follow the steps below to do it:
Turn the power off. On the remote, press Mute followed by 1, 8, 2, Power in sequence. (site: http://factory-reset.com/wiki/Samsung_Service_Menu).

2) The TV should display the menu as described on this image. Take note of the firmware name. The important thing to know if whether it contains MST or not. The sample image displays T-MST12UABC-1121.1: 
https://goo.gl/photos/aCkjcchqTQeUhCZK9

3) Disable the OTN Support: On the "Extended Service Menu" (step #1 above), go to the Menu "Option", then "MRT Option", and change "OTN Support" to off

4) Format a USB drive using FAT

5) Download and unzip the file SamyGO_data.zip from https://forum.samygo.tv/download/file.php?id=7670

6) Download and unzip the file samyext4.img.F.zip from https://www.dropbox.com/s/i6v2sus8kd18xfv/samyext4.img.F.zip?dl=0

7) Copy file samyext4.img to the folder SamyGO_data that was unziped on step #5.

8) Download and unzip the file from https://forum.samygo.tv/download/file.php?id=7533.

7) At this point you should have 2 folders in your computer: SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix and SamyGO_data. Copy both of them to the your USB drive formatted on step #4

8) Connect your TV to the internet using a ETHERNET cable (it does not work with wi-fi)

9) Connect the USB drive in your TV

10) Click on the Smart HUB button on your remote controller and go to "More Apps" when the screen loads

11) At this point you should see the widget "SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix". If you don't, repeat the steps 9 and 10 after restarting your TV

12) The widget will automatically start and finish the installation and will ask you to restart the TV when it finishes. Here is a picture of the process when it is done: https://goo.gl/photos/GpbWkR37pYb2M7du8

13) Reboot TV and wait 1-2 minutes.

14) Now SamyGO should auto start and the basic services telnet/ftp/etc should work just fine.
Some comments
  • The installation went fine however I noticed some error messages(red [NO] attached below) and the tools (Simple Web Interface, Web Shell and File Manager) do not load in my browser - it takes a lot of time processing until it give a 404 error. What am I missing?
    P_20170429_221825.jpg
  • Despite of the error above, I was able to set up my SMB shares from 2 different servers just fine and the content loads correctly on my TV - which was my main purpose installing SamyGO. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
gilsonsjc

Post by gilsonsjc »

Hi!

I have installed SamyGO on my TV using the method contained in this thread (steps I ran are outlined here -> posting.php?mode=reply&f=63&t=7982#pr99924) and it looks like it is running ok. There is one problem though: Netflix stopped working. When I click on it, I get that message saying "Loading..." and then my TV returns to the TV mode, on the last channel it was on. How can I fix this? Thanks

Gilson
cesarpt
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by cesarpt »

Anyone can help me ? I can't disable samy go to auto start in Auto Ticker selection, Need to update some apps on Smart Hub, I used to cancel auto start of samygo in exit and it used to work, but now it doesn't work
WulkanOS
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by WulkanOS »

Hi
I unroot my 40F630 - unplugged usb drive, tv work but smart hub is freezees, stopped etc - not work.
I reset smart hub, reset from service menu, change language - nothing.
When I press SmartHUB key in remote control menu show but when I choice any app - nothing happen, tv is freeze and I can't power off from remot cont; must I pressed power 15-20s to tv stanby mode,
Sorry for my english.

Return to “[F] Software”