[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by sectroyer »

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T EXPECT HACK TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY IF YOU DON'T DISABLE OTN SUPPORT IN "EXTENDED" SERVICE MENU!!!!!!

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T ASK FOR HELP WITHOUT PROVIDING SCREENSHOT OF ROOTING APP LOG!!!!!!!

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T ASK FOR HELP WITHOUT ROOTING USING LAN CONNECTION!!!!!!! NO WIFI SUPPORT!!!!

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T EXPECT HACK TO BE WORKING CORRECTLY IF YOU EVER UNPLUG ROOTING USB :)!!!!!!
Preliminaries:
  • This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk.
  • If firmware name contains MST, it's MST (eg. T-MST12DEUC_1120.0, mostly F5xxx/F6xxx models), else it's not.
  • Many users had to use LAN to root their devices for the first time. Then you can switch to WiFi.
  • SpoilerShow
    If ever you encounter problems on step to make installation widget appear in Smarthub, here's a report collection:
    * Reboot the tv and don't plug the usb drive.
    * Open Smart Hub > Apps > More Apps and then put the usb drive and exit from the screen for new device found.
    * SamyGO -F widget will appears after that.
    finally, i managed to install samygo. after 5 or more attemps the app appeared under "more apps".
    The installation widget only shows up when plugging flash usb drive under more apps section.
    Biggest hangup seemed to be getting the app to appear in the smarthub. Took several unplug/re-plug cycles while viewing the "more apps" section before the widget appeared.
    It should appear automatically after inserting the USB (exit the usb pop-up first) but sometimes you need to exit out of the smarthub and go back for it to get loaded in the smarthub more apps menu.
    The "trick" is to let the "New device" screen time out.
In case you're asked to "attach" some files, paste them directly to forum if they're of reasonable size, please don't make the job more difficult by posting 1 byte file on dropbox for example.

For bigger stuff, advice is to post log(s) to http://ctrlv.it and use any web image hosting of your choice to paste screenshots.

Here are the steps to make it work:

For F SERIES!!!! do this:
  • Unpack attached SamyGO_data.zip to FAT USB
  • Donwload and extract samyext4.img.F.zip from HERE
  • Copy file samyext4.img to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
  • For NON-MST do this:
    • Unpack SamyGO-F-SM-AutoStart-USB to FAT USB
    • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO-F and SamyGO_data
    • Connect USB to TV
    • Launch SamyGO-F from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear after TV reboot). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!! If widget STILL does NOT appear please read WHOLE thread and try different methods. We do NOT provide ANY support to "not appearing widget issue". Simply do what you can to make it appear :)
    • The widget will automatically finish installation (No need to push any buttons) and close itself
    • Now SamyGO is started and telnet/ftp/etc. should work.
    • To enable AutoStart reboot TV and from Main Menu -> Smart Features -> Apps Settings -> Auto Ticker -> SamyGO_AutoStart
    • SpoilerShow
      If you want to make the SamyGO_AutoStart faster open this file:

Code: Select all

/mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO_AutoStart/JavaScript/Main.js
      Then locate this line:

var timeoutValue = 5000;
      And change this value ;)
  • For MST do this:
    • Unpack SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix-USB to FAT USB
    • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix and SamyGO_data
    • Connect USB to TV
    • Launch SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear reboot TV). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!!
    • The widget will automatically finish installation (No need to push any buttons).
    • When it finishes it will ask to reboot TV.
    • Reboot TV and wait 1-2 minutes.
    • In case of issues:
      SpoilerShow
      • If "occasional" root (not working as expected on every startup) it could be due to not fast enough USB detection, so you might edit /mtd_rwcommon/SamyGO/rcSGO file and add some sleep into it by editing its second line (use advanced text editor such as Notepad++, not Windows Notepad !!!) e.g.:

#!/bin/sh
        sleep 30
        You can adjust number of seconds (less or more than 30) to fit your needs by doing several tries.
      • If no root at all, try to replace SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix/data/data.zip by this one on USB. This file already includes 'sleep 120' before autostart, so restart rooting procedure and wait at least 3-4 minutes before checking root.
      • If still no root, replace run.sh in USB SamyGO_data folder by the one from this archive, restart TV, wait a while and paste here sam.log you might find in SamyGO_data.
Special thanks to bobiturboto, myname70 and Ybron for testings.

Edited by Moderator: *** Youtube video removed, caused people to not read ***

For E SERIES!!!! do this:
*E-MST users, better go there.
  • Unpack attached SamyGO_data_E.zip to FAT USB
  • Download 128mb.xfs from: https://www.sendspace.com/file/el3xm8 or get it from /data folder of this archive
  • Copy file 128mb.xfs to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
  • Unpack SamyGO-F-SM-AutoStart-USB to FAT USB
  • Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO-F and SamyGO_data
  • Connect USB to TV
  • Launch SamyGO-F from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear after TV reboot). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!!
  • The widget will automatically finish installation (No need to push any buttons) and close itself
  • If ever installation widget restarts endlessly: Leave your SamyGO_data as it is but put there some (any) file named samyext4.img and try F-MST method. It might help.
  • To enable AutoStart reboot TV and from Main Menu -> Smart Features -> Apps Settings -> Auto Ticker -> SamyGO_AutoStart
In case of problems please check NETcat (NOT Ncat and NOT telnet) on ports 3023, 3123, 4023, 4123, 5023, 5123 and report result
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] Rooting F 1118 and 1120

Post by juusso »

For autostart maybe we dont need any widget with bg image and log on the screen. Anyhow transparent widget and scrips in the background?

Otherwise congratulations, finally :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

juuso wrote:For autostart maybe we dont need any widget with bg image and log on the screen. Anyhow transparent widget and scrips in the background?

When you change:

var timeoutValue = 5000;
to:

var timeoutValue = 100;
The script is blazing fast you barely notice it :D 5000 (5 seconds) is only for testing :D No need to change the widget :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

all is working fine. ftp, telnet on 23, nectar on 33, shell etc... a transparent widget is a good idea... now trying to check OSCAM, but it does not start (nothing to do with the root itself)

EDIT: OSCAM in fact - started :)
bartik
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bartik »

for me still no root with this hack :( F MST-1120
i did everything as it is here written but as i look also at the video i have more red error than on the video
also i have thicked the autostart but there are also red errors in the first section the second is green
Last edited by bartik on Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobiturboto »

sectroyer wrote:
juuso wrote:For autostart maybe we dont need any widget with bg image and log on the screen. Anyhow transparent widget and scrips in the background?

When you change:

var timeoutValue = 5000;
to:

var timeoutValue = 100;
The script is blazing fast you barely notice it :D 5000 (5 seconds) is only for testing :D No need to change the widget :D
With 100 ms is good to have this picture, just for verification that the rooting is done.
First screen is not visible with 100 ms and the second one is visible for few ms only.
You can copy the widget and data folders to any drive after the installation procedure.
I am starting root from ntfs formatted drive.

Other important step you need to uninstall old samygo widget before the procedure.
My instructions for F8000:
  • * Reboot the tv and don't plug the usb drive.
    * Open Smart Hub > Apps > More Apps and then put the usb drive and exit from the screen for new device found.
    * SamyGO -F widget will appears after that.
bartik
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bartik »

did anyone tried to root the F-MST with this???
i have F6750 model with 1120 fw with no luck to root it
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

I keep the USB stick always plugged and it works fine.
bartik
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bartik »

I have also the usb stick pluged in all the time but for me the autostart is trying to activate samygo but there is a problem because its in loop its says samgygo injected = no
than the usbtest procedure starts ther is everythink ok accept samygo1.txt samygo2.txt libback samygo ok samygo injected and rcsgo these are no in red and the there are 3 OK in green in root samygo files and this is in loop all the time i have to disable autostart in app settings
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

sectroyer wrote:This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk. Here are the steps to make it work:
  • * Unpack attached SamyGO_data.zip to FAT USB
    * Download SamyGO.zip from: http://download.samygo.tv/F%20Series/Widgets/SamyGO.zip
    * Extract SamyGO.zip and find file samyext4.img
    * Copy file samyext4.img to folder SamyGO_data on FAT USB
    * Unpack SamyGO-F-SM-AutoStart-USB to FAT USB
    * Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: SamyGO-F and SamyGO_data
    * Connect USB to TV
    * Launch SamyGO-F from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear reboot TV). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!!
    * The widget will automatically finish installation (No need to push any buttons) and close itself
    * Now SamyGO is started and telnet/ftp/etc. should work
    * To enable AutoStart reboot TV and from Main Menu -> Smart Features -> Apps Settings -> Auto Ticker -> SamyGO_AutoStart
Just to understand, in the SamyGO_data folder there must be the following files:
- samyext4.img
- data.zip
- run.sh
- run1.sh

From the above at the first read I understood that only the samyext4.img was necessary.

Thanks

I will test tomorrow...
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.

Return to “[F] Software”