[ROOT] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [App] Rooting E/F on latest firmwares

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
sectroyer wrote:We already talked about this numerous times :P ;)
Yes, and I already told you that your iptables crap doesn't work here :)
Maybe you should try partition switching and rerooting that's also what I have done :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Maybe you should try partition switching and rerooting that's also what I have done :)
Maybe, I'd first need to know what is partition switching, but honestly I'm not so disturbed by these updates. :)
Are you sure that your E is not updating while you're working on H? :D
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote: Are you sure that your E is not updating while you're working on H? :D
Yes :) My TVs are connected and I always switch E first and then H :) H mounts E :) If root on E wasn't up the mounting would fail ;) There is some:

Code: Select all

/sbin/micom switch
or something command :) This switches you to previous partition :) It's in /etc/profile BEFORE mounting :) Also when you have Smart Hub update check which ip it's using on router and just block it :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!

Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

cmuc05 wrote:Does anybody know, why the smarthub is updating so often? Can that be switched off?
This was also before rooting.
sectroyer wrote: Maybe you should try partition switching and rerooting that's also what I have done :)
Sectroyer, those kinds of methods are hardly available or usable by the "normal SamyGO user", is it ? :-)
Messing with partitiontable(s) are generally a no-go for non-techies :-)

We need a tool ... for the people ;-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

Maybe I'll try that one day, I guess I'd need to document myself before :)
sectroyer wrote:Also when you have Smart Hub update check which ip it's using on router and just block it :)
Already done for a long time, blocking this: http://vd-emp-prd.s3.amazonaws.com avoid updates, but after some time, when update should happen: root is lost because /mtd_rwcommon/moip/engines/Skype folder gets deleted.
Since Skype is not used in new rooting method, maybe it would be worth the try with it. :)

Tvaddickt
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tvaddickt »

cmuc05 wrote:Does anybody know, why the smarthub is updating so often? Can that be switched off?
This was also before rooting.
Yea this sucks..always the ghost updated. Driving me mad.

sandstorm
SamyGO Project Donor

Rooting F6500 Version 2102 ?!

Post by sandstorm »

Hy All,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.. but i will try my best.

I'm brand new in the SamyGo "Scene". I have a old Version From UE46F6500SS (EU)version from Germany. I have update to latest version (think 2102) , i know how does it work with install SamyGo. But i don't have access to FTP or so. Always (connection refused).

Can someone Help me - is there a solution?? or give me information? I have disabled automatic update right now.

sectroyer

Re: Rooting F6500 Version 2102 ?!

Post by sectroyer »

sandstorm wrote:Hy All,

First of all, sorry for my bad english.. but i will try my best.

I'm brand new in the SamyGo "Scene". I have a old Version From UE46F6500SS (EU)version from Germany. I have update to latest version (think 2102) , i know how does it work with install SamyGo. But i don't have access to FTP or so. Always (connection refused).

Can someone Help me - is there a solution?? or give me information? I have disabled automatic update right now.
Yeah sure look at my signature. Especially at the words "DO NOT EVER...." ;)

sandstorm
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by sandstorm »

damn, so means :=) not working right now! :D

damn it. yes i disabled it now =D no updates comes anymore ^^ .. hope there comes a solution for version 2102 ^^

zoelechat

Post by zoelechat »

It has already been reported many times that it works with fw 2102, did you follow first post advices?
  • If no root at all, try to replace SamyGO-F-SM-MST-Fix/data/data.zip by this one on USB. This file already includes 'sleep 120' before autostart, so restart rooting procedure and wait at least 3-4 minutes before checking root.
  • If still no root, replace run.sh in USB SamyGO_data folder by the one from this archive, restart TV, wait a while and paste here sam.log you might find in SamyGO_data.
And the essential one (amongst others):

!
WARNING!!!! DON'T ASK FOR HELP WITHOUT PROVIDING SCREENSHOT OF ROOTING APP LOG!!!!!!!

Return to “[F] Software”