[App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:Well the problem is that many users bought expensive Skype camera's for TV and now they would have to admit they are useless.... It doesn't matter if they want to do it or not they HAVE TO use Skype on TV even when they don't like it :)
This may be true for a number of users. But guys, the fact that you don't know how to do it doesn't exclude that some people like to make their Skype calls on their big tv displays. I do, for example.
zoelechat wrote:Here's a well-tried workaround: root your TV and install Skype on your computer/smartphone :mrgreen:
1)If this is the approach, then why rooting these tvs at all, instead of using a dvb-t adapter or a capable decoder? They would be more appropriate and reliable, I think there's no doubt about that. Except if the answer is "for study purposes/curiosity only" :)
2)If it's true that a 1-on-1 video call can be made with satisfaction even on a laptop or a smartphone, I think that a group video conference needs a better configuration to nail it. At home, when we make these video calls on the tv, it really feels like being all together in the same place.
sectroyer wrote:No, I am closer to thinking it might even not work ;)
Then peace, something less to care about :)
Tv model: UE40H6400
Firmware: T-MST14DEUC-2117.5
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: 2)If it's true that a 1-on-1 video call
Lol. Making video calls on Skype is so 2000-2005 :) Back then it was a novelty but now... Really it's so retro ;) Audio calls using computer/tv or anything else are just useful and more comfortable than using a phone... But video calls, seriously ? :) Starring at camera for longer period of time it's just boring :D You can do anything else while talking just pointlessly stare at computer/tv :D Useless crap :) And when you start doing something else (surf web, check email, do something NOT with the computer) it's considered impolite :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

sectroyer wrote:Lol. Making video calls on Skype is so 2000-2005 :)
I'd say even more: it's 1980's fantasy :)
tendi wrote:If it's true that a 1-on-1 video call can be made with satisfaction even on a laptop or a smartphone, I think that a group video conference needs a better configuration to nail it. At home, when we make these video calls on the tv, it really feels like being all together in the same place.
How about mirroring your laptop/smartphone screen to TV then? ;)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote: How about mirroring your laptop/smartphone screen to TV then? ;)
I told you already they must to have a reason for a Skype tv cam ;) What would they say to a wife? "We bought useless cam" ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

Ok I see no further reasons to continue this debate, since you seem to be too much centered on you own habits to be able to understand someone else's ones. To each its own. I'm comfortable in the Jetsons' era :lol:
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: I'm comfortable in the Jetsons' era :lol:
Yeah now you can even wirelessly screen laptop/phones screen to TV so (not cheap) Skype TV camera is pointless and obsolete :) I agree :)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:
tendi wrote: I'm comfortable in the Jetsons' era :lol:
Yeah now you can even wirelessly screen laptop/phones screen to TV so (not cheap) Skype TV camera is pointless and obsolete :) I agree :)
With these premises even samygo would be considered obsolete. For you one thing excludes the others?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote: With these premises even samygo would be considered obsolete. For you one thing excludes the others?
Well some people don't need samygo :) However some use samygo for stuff that is IMPOSSIBLE without it :) Skype is NOT impossible... ;)
tendi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tendi »

sectroyer wrote:Well some people don't need samygo :)
I agree.
sectroyer wrote:Skype is NOT impossible... ;)
I agree.
sectroyer wrote:However some use samygo for stuff that is IMPOSSIBLE without it :)
According to the way of thinking you have shown in the previous posts, I don't agree with this statement because actually you can do this stuff by using some better alternatives, such as - as I've already said - a valid dvb-t decoder, a dvb-t pc adapter, a better(=freer) tv or a dedicated pc. ??Why using all these complicated hacks when you can do ten times better in other ways? It sounds so old fashioned!?? - you could say :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

tendi wrote:It sounds so old fashioned!?? - you could say :)
I would say it like this for many people using samygo makes you possible to forget about so many other gadgets that loosing Skype is NOT an issue :) I don't treat it seriously :P :lol: :D :twisted:

Return to “[F] Software”