Page 8 of 12

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:43 pm
by zoelechat
deagol wrote:I just gave NoDRM a shot on my H-Series TV (UE40H6470, firmware 2115) and it's (basically) working!
The new recordings are now unencrypted and can be played back on the PC.

Only playback of recordings on the TV is not working. Looking into the noDRM log it's clear why not: "dlsym '_Z31MApi_PVR_Playback_SetDRMPlayKeyPhm' failed."
I guess that a version fully suitable for H is already ready and will probably be released soon ;)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:26 pm
by sectroyer
zoelechat wrote: I guess that a version fully suitable for H is already ready and will probably be released soon ;)
Yes :)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:07 pm
by tendi
sectroyer wrote:
zoelechat wrote: I guess that a version fully suitable for H is already ready and will probably be released soon ;)
Yes :)
Will this version allow the users to record uncrypted .ts files, playable on the tv?

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:39 pm
by zoelechat
tendi wrote:Will this version allow the users to record uncrypted .ts files, playable on the tv?
NoDRM's purpose is only to disable DRM encryption in CONTENTS/*.srf files for both recording and playback. If you want them to become "uncrypted .ts files", you just have to change file extension (.srf->.ts) :)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 10:41 pm
by tendi
zoelechat wrote:
tendi wrote:Will this version allow the users to record uncrypted .ts files, playable on the tv?
NoDRM's purpose is only to disable DRM encryption in CONTENTS/*.srf files for both recording and playback. If you want them to become "uncrypted .ts files", you just have to change file extension (.srf->.ts) :)
Whatever the extension, the result matters to me ;)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:28 pm
by sectroyer
tendi wrote: Whatever the extension, the result matters to me ;)
No, the extension doesn't matter. You can change it to any extension you want :)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 am
by tendi
sectroyer wrote:No, the extension doesn't matter. You can change it to any extension you want :)
Sectroyer! Are you ready to release this gamechanger? I can't wait :)

Also, have you made any progress with that idea you had about being able to use Skype after rooting?

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:41 am
by sectroyer
tendi wrote:
sectroyer wrote:No, the extension doesn't matter. You can change it to any extension you want :)
Sectroyer! Are you ready to release this gamechanger? I can't wait :)
soon ;)
tendi wrote: Also, have you made any progress with that idea you had about being able to use Skype after rooting?
No, I am closer to thinking it might even not work ;)

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:18 pm
by zoelechat
tendi wrote:Also, have you made any progress with that idea you had about being able to use Skype after rooting?
Here's a well-tried workaround: root your TV and install Skype on your computer/smartphone :mrgreen:

Re: [App] SamyGO NoDRM E/F (MST only)

Posted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:29 pm
by sectroyer
zoelechat wrote:
tendi wrote:Also, have you made any progress with that idea you had about being able to use Skype after rooting?
Here's a well-tried workaround: root your TV and install Skype on your computer/smartphone :mrgreen:
Well the problem is that many users bought expensive Skype camera's for TV and now they would have to admit they are useless.... It doesn't matter if they want to do it or not they HAVE TO use Skype on TV even when they don't like it :)