[App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

smogf

Re: [App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Post by smogf »

zoelechat wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:03 pm No mystery, script is at its right place, it starts manually, so one script before it in sequence prevents it from start. Check at:

Code: Select all

http://IP_OF_TV:1080
Which last script shows any status.

Btw, are you using FakeEDID on startup?? You should NEVER, it has to be launched only once.
No. I did it only once. I always read a whole Thread two, three times (gentoo forums habit :)) and then make it work (or not :))

So..... I've change loading order for HDMIpasstrough to 04_02_...... and works fine now.
When I will have more time than I will look up what doesn't start correctly. But this is not this Thread problem. So... What can I say. Thanks for tips.

Works flawlessly :D
kapiszon53
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kapiszon53 »

So, Dolby Digital passthrough works awesome with my AVR connected with spdif. The problem starts with DTS.

AUTO argument:
Whenever I try to watch DTS content from raspberry pi it doesnt switch to DTS, in tv setting the only options avilable are PCM and DTS Neo.

DTS argument:
DTS and DD works just fine but I need to switch it in TV options everytime.

Is there a way to automate this?
Or set some kind of macro to switch from DTS to DD and backwards with one click?
Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I know, that's why DTS remains "experimental" :)
Otherwise for quick switch, yes you can map libSpdifMode to some RC key, that's what it's meant to.
But since you use RPi, then Kodi I guess, maybe better set it up to systematically convert audio to AC3...
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Schumi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Schumi »

After 1 year later checking this thread about DTS fix I'm sorry about problem still exist. But I will try your RC key suggestion. And I still have hope about this fix. :)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Never expect, can't be otherwise :)
wisepass
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by wisepass »

Managed to downgrade then root (using mihd root method) on my Samsung TV Thanks so much for this!

Tested on UE48H6400 / H6400 - T MST14DEUC - 2130 (downgraded from latest).

Seems to be working excellent - on my SONOS playbar - except of course the playcar doesn't support DTS - but it does tells me its sending an unsupported format when I try, but then I just get Kodi to transcode to DD5.1

I do get a very slight crackle for literally one second when the passthrough changes from stereo to 5.1 on Kodi, But otherwise perfect :D
noscopedog

Post by noscopedog »

It took me a lot of reading to get everything in place, and i'm glad that i could still root my device (F5500) even though i had updated the firmware to 2126.0.

But, after the reading I tried it, and yesssss, it all worked out great when following your directions. Rooted my tv, installed SamyGo.so and finally this hack. This was exactly what i was looking for, because i didn't want to buy a hdmi switch/extractor. So in short:

thank you for this hack and the time you put in it!! Greaaaaaaaat!
noscopedog

Post by noscopedog »

DTS (experimental) - Allow both AC3 and DTS to passthrough. In this mode, TV will always show all SPDIF output modes "available" on all sources (even if they're not). If HDMI source outputs DTS, selecting DD or DTS should switch to passthrough even if TV reports PCM.

Can't get DTS function working. I don't want DTS, but I want DD to be available on all sources, even if they are not. its a shame, because AUTO works great. I've tried LibeFakeEDID too, but no luck. viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8842&sid=9136a2f42 ... 8a00917564
noscopedog

Post by noscopedog »

If you have a slow USB as rooting USB you will see that this script will take a lonngggg time to load. Usually a few minutes. Ive changed the USB and the hack is perfect again.

However, the argument still wont work, DTS still does nothing for me.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

noscopedog wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:26 pm DTS still does nothing for me.
Hence "experimental" :)

Return to “[F] Software”