[App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [App] HDMI 5.1 audio passthrough patch E/F/H (MST only)

Post by juusso »

After reboot you have to patch it again to get it work. Either use startup script.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

juusso wrote:After reboot you have to patch it again to get it work. Either use startup script.
No!! Not EDID patching, it's EEPROM based and permanent :)
skivnit wrote:however i cant see logs
Again, if you rebooted meanwhile it's expected you can't see log (btw, which "logs"?)
skivnit wrote:nothing changed on my set up only thing was a smart hub update
You should maybe focus on your HDMI device then, or try another, or another HDMI port.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
skivnit
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by skivnit »

i have the auto script enabled so it should auto patch upon reboot. when i use fakeedid, is it ok if it says resident 0?shoudl'nt be 1 as thats what it says when using passtrhough patch
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

No, it's resident when you use -r in commandline, FakeEDID is supposed to be used only once and doesn't need to be resident, even if it patches something permanent. No need to worry about commandline output as long as you respect given syntaxes anyway. Only log matters.
skivnit
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by skivnit »

i have spenjt the whole day trying the synthaxes trying to start over, to the same result. Fakeedid seems to work since i can select DTS or DD on sound output (they're not greyed ou) but if i try to chose one of them it goes to PCM
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

As soon as you use DTS arg of libHDMIpassthru, it's expected you can select any output type:
1ST POST wrote:TV will always show all SPDIF output modes "available" on all sources (even if they're not)
Only way to be sure is the "famous silence" BEFORE lib injection:
1ST POST wrote:you have to find state where you can select "Dolby Digital" as SPDIF mode in TV menu while being on HDMI source, but TV outputs no sound at all
As long as you don't recover such state, you can be sure libHDMIpassthru is 100% NOT responsible of any problem (even better disable it to avoid bad interpretation of issue).
Otherwise no idea, except that I don't believe in "things happening for no reason" :)
skivnit
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by skivnit »

back after a few weeks since i gave up, today i rooted from scratch, yet same result, no silence when rebooting :(
Schumi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Schumi »

That is only extension / injection why I rooted my TV. My TV is 55F6470 - T-MST12DEUC 2111. I rooted my tv from Donor section files. And I install your files as your guide.

I use first and second line in correct order with AUTO and DTS parameters. After this I done Fake EEID.

I'm using Kodi (former XBMC) on HTPC Win10 x64. Also I tried OpenELEC Linux based Kodi. I tried DTS and AC3 files. Its working but But each time I open a file I had to open TV Menu / Sound / Extras / Digital. PCM to DTS. It doesnt do this automatic. What I'm missing ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Well, if you're using Kodi you should better use its option to systematically recode audio to AC3 and not use DTS arg of patch which remains experimental and could cause your issue (because it permanently unlocks all modes and can lead TV wrong).
Another possible reason is that TV always considers "silence" (=no audio signal) as PCM so it automatically switches back to it when "surround stops". IIRC Kodi has an option to "keep audio alive" for that purpose (?)
You can also try without AUTO option and other combinations of both DTS/AUTO.

Otherwise and if still no luck, instead of "open TV Menu / Sound / Extras / Digital. PCM to DTS" you still can map libSpdifMode to some RC key to instantly switch between audio out modes, or libToolsMenu to make option available from tools key/menu.

I'd bet
Schumi wrote:That is only extension / injection why I rooted my TV.
won't remain true for long ;)
Schumi
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Schumi »

Thank you for your response. My current home build HTPC already have coaxial digital audio output. That output connected directly to Logitech Z5500. And optical audio from TV is also connected to Z5500. Normally I had to change Logitech Source when I switch TV to HDMI1. I sick and tried do this. :) Also have an PS3 but there is no another audio input on Z5500. In my mind I want to remove HTPC and put a Raspery Pi3 for Kodi. And no optical audio over Raspi. It would be awesome if my tv detect DTS and AC3 and I dont have to press any more keys. I will try without AUTO parameter and see what happen.

Thank you again.

Return to “[F] Software”