[APP] Play on TV - simple DLNA player [Win/Mac] D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

mykee

Re: [APP] Play on TV - simple DLNA player [Win/Mac] D/E/F/H

Post by mykee »

Need a more help, because my program didn't see my TV.
I used this server often, but now can't see my D5500. I don't know how to fix it, because this program hasn't any settings.
Need a port number for communication for firewall and need any special settings what help to me. I have Win10 64-bit with latest updates.

What I checked:
- My PC and TV on same LAN and router.
- Windows Media can transfer video to TV.
- TV see internet too with cable.
- Reinstalled this program.
- Turn off and on Windows firewall

Thanks!
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Here's new version for testing:

http://dropbox.astrill.com/file-c9vz2lt ... 281%29.exe

There's now also Linux version (Ubuntu).

New version supports more devices: Samsung, Sony, LG, Kodi, EZCast with subtitles. It's also possible to stream an URL.

Please test and let me know if there are any issues.
mykee

Post by mykee »

Thanks for new version, but not helped. :( TV list is empty. :(
I have Windows 10 64-bit and Samsung D5500 model with same LAN and IP range.

I right click on an MP4 file, and send to Play On TV, main window show, but list is empty.

What's my problem? Need any special settings?
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

mykee wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:34 pm Thanks for new version, but not helped. :( TV list is empty. :(
I have Windows 10 64-bit and Samsung D5500 model with same LAN and IP range.

I right click on an MP4 file, and send to Play On TV, main window show, but list is empty.

What's my problem? Need any special settings?
It's some network issue. Check with wireshark. App will try to discover devices, devices will send reply. If your device replies but it's not detected by the app, send me wireshark packet capture.
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

Here's Linux 64-bit version (Ubuntu compatible):

http://dropbox.astrill.com/file-YjJ6dVe ... 1.0-40.deb

Works on LG, Samsung, Sony, EZCast, Kodi.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Still nice tool :)

Just some take-it-or-leave-it thoughts:
-Is it absolutely needed to exit app on computer side? I mean: can't app detect if video had been stopped on TV side (either by user or when it reached the end) and exit itself in such case?
-I've got 2 TVs on LAN and I can launch only one movie on one TV at once :D (allow several instances?)
-Worth a tip on notification icon when mouse cursor left on? (e.g. "Playing movie_name on tv_name", instead of current "Play on TV")
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mykee

Post by mykee »

Spooky wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:12 pm It's some network issue. Check with wireshark. App will try to discover devices, devices will send reply. If your device replies but it's not detected by the app, send me wireshark packet capture.
Thanks, I sent my dump in PM. :)
Spooky

Post by Spooky »

zoelechat wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:30 pm Still nice tool :)

Just some take-it-or-leave-it thoughts:
-Is it absolutely needed to exit app on computer side? I mean: can't app detect if video had been stopped on TV side (either by user or when it reached the end) and exit itself in such case?
-I've got 2 TVs on LAN and I can launch only one movie on one TV at once :D (allow several instances?)
-Worth a tip on notification icon when mouse cursor left on? (e.g. "Playing movie_name on tv_name", instead of current "Play on TV")
Thanks for the comments. I'll add that notification, but you can see already what's being played in TV player, for example by pausing the player.

The app meant to be simple. Basically I wanted to play a file on TV by simply clicking on it. Didn't want to go through any complicated UI or to have to setup or maintain media library and scan folders for new files, like typical DLNA servers work. Hence the app asks just on startup which device to use and stays resident. It uses little resources, so I don't think it's a big problem for todays modern computers. It's not easy to detect TV player has finished, unless I implement full DLNA controller specification.

For multiple TVs, I recommend you Universal Media Streamer.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I know other DLNA white elephants and I've understood the principle of "simplest possible" (precisely what I like), that's why I suggested (not expected, it's up to you) only stuff that wouldn't make UI heavier ;)
you can see already what's being played in TV player, for example by pausing the player
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
mom4751

Post by mom4751 »

Hi,
i'm trying to download Play On Tv but the link seems to be down.
Please, do you have a mirror?
Thank you.

Return to “[F] Software”