[App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

yseq
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libFakeEDID E/F/H

Post by yseq »

I patched HDMI1 with stb connected. I played sources with dd 5.1. Only dts on my receiver available. Even if I patched over libFakeEDID.so without dts.
When I also disabled dts over libHDMIpassthru there is no posibillity to change from pcm.
yseq
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by yseq »

I think now I have dd 5.1. Not in my stb but on my linux pc with mplayer.
Now I'm tuning my .asoundrc :mrgreen:
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Told you ;)
I don't touch to DD availability anyway. As soon as your EDIDs are patched, DD should be selectable if TV receives such, even without using libHDMIpassthru which only fixes silent output.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

@zoelechat, please if possible, will you share your EDID backup of your E6540. I have noticed some strange entries in my e6500 original EDID, would just like to compare with another original EDID. Thanks in advance
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I never had original 6540 ones because I did patching tries before implementing dump. I can even tell you that "accidentally" filling EDIDs with zeroes is not tragic :D
Here are original ones from another mainboard (ES6530) though...
Anyway, they're exactly DEFAULT one you can get with lib, only one (unimportant, corresponding to HDMI number) byte is different on HDMI 2/3 (and therefore checksum byte at the end).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

Thank you Sir. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

Strange, your manufacture date is 1 month older than mine, also different PnP id. yours is 090B, mine SAM0951. I have modified my EDID for a few things amongst, trying to get DD and DTS passthrough without code injection, have been succesful to get DD highlighted so far, but no audio passthrough. I have attached one EDID for anyone who wants to try out, if you try it out don't forget to change screen size, if different. Note, this one has mods for DD and DTS but not highlighting DD on my TV.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Your dump has only 3 PCM stores, 6-ch with various/random(?) frequency/depth, but no DD nor DTS, so greyed out DD is expected.
I don't know which software you're using to check/edit but know that most those found on the web are doing crap :)

Also keep in mind that libHDMIpassthru remains mandatory to avoid silent audio output despite select-ability.

About SAM-number it's expected we don't have the same (LED vs Plasma) and doesn't matter anyway.
Btw, ONLY second block of EDID (last 128 bytes) should get some changes. First 128 bytes are always retrieved from DEFAULT by lib.
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

zoelechat wrote:I don't know which software you're using to check/edit but know that most those found on the web are doing crap :)
I am using quite a variety, ie, AW EDID editor, monitor asset manager, Deltacast E EDID, EDID Manager, and EDID Editor for editing, the rest display different information. Please can you point me to a more accurate reader, not sure if the Editor is okay :?: .
idm1
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by idm1 »

Also noticed that HDMI 1 does not accept edits.

Return to “[F] Software”