*** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.

axel17
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 am

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by axel17 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:16 am

Hi Guys,
I use an external speaker system (thnx to the zoelechat HDMIPassthrough patch), and I have mapped the TV remote VOL keys to control the soundbar.
Unfortunately each time a VOL key is pressed, the TV displays an annoying message claiming that the audio is controlled by an external speaker (exactly!!!).

Would it be possible to suppress such messages?
Thnx

nono2lozere
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 38
Joined: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:55 pm

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by nono2lozere » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:39 am

zoelechat wrote:
nono2lozere wrote:In the e-manual here http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/conte ... 4-0401.pdf page 58 there is an option in network settings called "Set Remote Access"
It would have been interesting to see full model name on screenshot "[TV] Samsung LE...". AFAIK 'LE' models are either old or cheap (or both?) ones. I checked in usual firmwares, this option doesn't exist at all (anymore?). However, I guess it could be doable to patch standby in some way, but probably not from TV menu :)
Hello,

my TV is an UE40F7000, and yes this option was removed by Samsung about one year ago. I thought it can be "re-enabled" (or unhide) like libzoelpvr does for extra time before and after scheduled recording, I didn't think it was completely removed from code.
I hope you can do something because it's anoying to wait 2-3 minutes before oscam start.

Tanks
Samsung UE40F7000 T-FXPDEUC1115.0

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by zoelechat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:00 am

nono2lozere wrote:this option was removed by Samsung about one year ago
I'd say more than 1 year, even D series don't have it anymore :)

Code: Select all

DeviceCommonUtil::DisableStandbyMode(DeviceCommonUtil *this, const char *a2)
{
  return j_fprintf(stderr, "[%s] Do not use this function since 2011\n", "DisableStandbyMode");
}
nono2lozere wrote:I hope you can do something because it's anoying to wait 2-3 minutes before oscam start.
Probably, I already know how to "soft off" TV, but power key is handled at many places in many ways so that's not going to be so quick and easy...
I do NOT reply to any question by PM. Please use forum.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by zoelechat » Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:09 am

axel17 wrote:I have mapped the TV remote VOL keys to control the soundbar.
I don't get how... RCremap? Or soundbar can handle user-defined IR keys?? Or simply done automatically by HDMI-CEC?
axel17 wrote:Unfortunately each time a VOL key is pressed, the TV displays an annoying message claiming that the audio is controlled by an external speaker (exactly!!!).
I see how looks like the ugly ARC volume gauge, but never seen that message. Could you provide a screenshot please?
I do NOT reply to any question by PM. Please use forum.

axel17
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 am

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by axel17 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:42 am

zoelechat wrote:I don't get how... RCremap? Or soundbar can handle user-defined IR keys?? Or simply done automatically by HDMI-CEC?
Exactly, the soundbar can learn and use the TV remote
zoelechat wrote:I see how looks like the ugly ARC volume gauge, but never seen that message. Could you provide a screenshot please?
Screenshot attached, the message box says "Your TV is set to use external speakers. Adjust the volume on the connected speakers directly".
It disappears after a timeout.

BTW, I was able to disable these annoying message by simply configuring the universal smart remote!
Even if I am not using the smart remote at all, by simply configuring an external audio system in Menu > System > Device Manager > Universal Remote Setup, the message are now gone :mrgreen:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator
Posts: 7603
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:32 pm
Location: France

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by zoelechat » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:51 am

axel17 wrote:BTW, I was able to disable these annoying message by simply configuring the universal smart remote!
Even if I am not using the smart remote at all, by simply configuring an external audio system in Menu > System > Device Manager > Universal Remote Setup, the message are now gone :mrgreen:
Ok, no need to patch then ? Anyway the trick is good to know :)
I do NOT reply to any question by PM. Please use forum.

axel17
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 23
Joined: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:50 am

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by axel17 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm

zoelechat wrote:Ok, no need to patch then ? Anyway the trick is good to know :)
No need to patch for that, thnx.

iT00NZ
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:50 am

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by iT00NZ » Sun May 24, 2015 7:38 am

Hi! Is it possible to add more functions (ex. signal strenght, logo channel etc..) to info bar? Something like below:
Image

jw299
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:11 pm

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by jw299 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:51 pm

Could someone enlighten me please? Is there currently a way to take screenshots (of either tv signal or menus) on F series?

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5608
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: *** Requests for apps/patches F series ***

Post by sectroyer » Thu May 28, 2015 11:02 pm

jw299 wrote:Could someone enlighten me please? Is there currently a way to take screenshots (of either tv signal or menus) on F series?
Yes just use your phone :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Post Reply

Return to “[F] Software”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest