[App] libSoftPowerOff D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

[App] libSoftPowerOff D/E/F/H

Post by zoelechat »

Patch prevents TV to enter in deep standby mode on power off. It will enter in "soft-off" mode instead, the same state as on scheduled recording. It means rooting and access to TV remains while powered off and as a consequence immediately on power on.

Usage:
*For D series (arm), replace every instance of /mnt below by /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO
  • Get latest samyGOso from there and copy/overwrite samyGOso file (not folder) to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin
  • Set permissions if needed (usually not if overwritten)

Code: Select all

chmod +x /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso
  • Extract attached archives and copy libSoftPowerOff.so to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso (create folder if needed)
  • Execute

samyGOso -d -A -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libSoftPowerOff.so [arg1...argN]
    If executed without arg, TV will enter ONLY soft-off mode in ALL power-off cases. If using NOPVRSLEEP arg, it will power off normally after a scheduled recording or on sleeptimer (actually it will only take care of power button of remote).

There's also possibility to launch distinct commands/scripts on soft on/off (for example to remotely power or control another device), for this use one or both CMD_ON and CMD_OFF args. e.g.:

CMD_ON:/fullpath/to/cmd_on.sh CMD_OFF:/fullpath/to/cmd_off.sh
    Don't forget to chmod +x scripts/commands!
Notice:
Once patched, if you expect TV to *really* power off, press SOURCE then POWER consecutively on remote in about less than ~2 seconds. Using ONSOURCE arg will invert this behavior, it means POWER button alone will enter true standby as usual whereas SOURCE+POWER will enter soft-off.
  • NOCMDONPVR prevents 'CMD:' scripts to be launched if PVR is active (for example if you use cmd_off script to kill oscam and don't want your current recording to end prematurely on soft-off ;) ). Next CMD_ON won't be launched if CMD_OFF wasn't launched due to active PVR.
  • FASTMODE arg is available for D/E only. If used, TV will skip most of (often useless) stuff done on soft on/off, so remains nearly only panel/audio on/off. Considerably speedup process (especially soft on), but might not be suitable in all cases, depending on your TV usage. Just try and see :) .
  • KEEPSLEEP won't cancel current Sleep Timer on Soft-Off, that one will continue to elapse in the background (pre-v0.2.5 default behavior). Therefore auto-off could still happen after soft power cycle(s).
  • STB arg can be used if you want to assign SOURCE+POWER behavior (=soft-off using ONSOURCE, full-off not using ONSOURCE) to "STB" power button you can find on some remote controls:

Logfile is written to /dtv/SoftPowerOff.log
  • Autostart
    • Copy 99_95_SoftPowerOff.init to /mnt/etc/init.d
    • Set permissions

chmod +x /mnt/etc/init.d/99_95_SoftPowerOff.init
    • You can change OPTIONS value on top of script, default is none. You can set for example:

OPTIONS="NOPVRSLEEP ONSOURCE"
*Beware that from my measurements (40" LED ES-series), TV power consumption is about 25W in "soft-off" whereas it's <0.1W in standby !!
*Reported to be half less on H-series, about 13W.

*Changelog:

30/4/2016
v0.2.5 - Sleep Timer is now cancelled on Soft-Off
       -> Added KEEPSLEEP arg to use former behavior
10/10/2015
v0.2.4 - Now logging CMD status to catch user mistake
       - Preparing something...
8/10/2015
v0.2.2 - Fixed some crap
v0.2.1 - Added NOCMDONPVR arg
30/9/2015
v0.2.0 - Added STB arg
       - Small fix that could crash on SOURCE+POWER
2/8/2015
v0.1.8 - Added FASTMODE (D/E only)
25/4/2015
v0.1.6 - Minor fixes
15/4/2015
v0.1.5 - Added CMD_ON and CMD_OFF args
14/4/2015
v0.1.4 - Increased source+power delay to 2 seconds
13/4/2015
v0.1.2 - Added ONSOURCE switch
       - Fixed D support
11/4/2015
v0.1.0 - First release
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
tempinbox

Re: [App] libSoftPowerOff D/E/F/H

Post by tempinbox »

You missing the C support!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

tempinbox wrote:You missing the C support!
C is outdated anyway :)
Btw, there's no series check in that one, you might try it (expect possible crash).
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

The idea is good. But it would be better if "SOURCE then POWER" is switched to the "soft-off" mode.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

mihd wrote:The idea is good. But it would be better if "SOURCE then POWER" is switched to the "soft-off" mode.
I personnally don't find it would be better but I'll add that as an option :)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:
mihd wrote:The idea is good. But it would be better if "SOURCE then POWER" is switched to the "soft-off" mode.
I personnally don't find it would be better but I'll add that as an option :)
I think the same :) It's just stupid :) You either want soft-power or not :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

sectroyer wrote: You either want soft-power or not :)
It so happens that I was not at home a few days. Before leaving for a long time by clicking POWER, forgetting about this patch, you are sentence to work TV on 25 watts 3-4 days.
On the other hand, patch is usefull. For example, in order to watch movies from the first TV on the second TV by turning off first.
I have no purpose to quickly turned on the TV. I have it so quickly switched. The patch is needed for other purpose.
Last edited by mihd on Sun Apr 12, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
nono2lozere
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by nono2lozere »

Works as expected with oscam: instant descrambling when tv "wakes up", no more need to wait about 3 mins each time.
perfect.
thanks.
Samsung UE40F7000 T-FXPDEUC1115.0
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

D series report: power off: panel off, sound off, everything seem to be as expected.
But how do you guys do power on? I have no reaction to any of rc keys. Except key power off, which brings TV to true standby.

root@[TV] /> samyGOso -A -B -r -l /mtd_swu/libSoftPowerOff.so
samyGOso v1.2.4 (c) bugficks 2013, sectroyer 2014
Injecting '/mtd_swu/libSoftPowerOff.so' resident: '1'
Succeeded.
root@[TV] /> cat /dtv/Soft*
[SoftPowerOff] SamyGO D/E/F/H libSoftPowerOff v0.1.0 - (c) zoelechat 2015
[SoftPowerOff] g_pAppTV [0x5990670].
[SoftPowerOff] dlsym '_ZN5TCAPI5GetTvEv' failed.
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN4TCTv5PowerEiNS_11EBootReasonEb [0xb9f4bc].
[SoftPowerOff] dlsym '_ZN9TCTvProxy5PowerEiN4TCTv11EBootReasonEb' failed.
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN4TCTv13GetPowerStateEPiPNS_11EBootReasonE [0xb94848].
[SoftPowerOff] dlsym '_ZN9TCTvProxy13GetPowerStateEPiPN4TCTv11EBootReasonE' failed.
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN10CTimerUtil14GetDefaultTimeEv [0x16198a0].
[SoftPowerOff] dlsym '_ZN8CAppUtil20SetPowerOnInProgressEb' failed.
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN10CViewerApp15ProcessPowerOffEi15EPowerOffReason [0xacca00].
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN10CViewerApp12t_OnKeyPowerEPK7PTEvent [0xac4df8].
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN10CViewerApp13t_OnKeySourceEPK7PTEvent [0xac824c].
[SoftPowerOff] dlsym '_ZN21CTvApplicationManager13m_OnKeySourceEPK7PTEvent' failed.
[SoftPowerOff] _ZN10CViewerApp15ProcessPowerOffEi15EPowerOffReason [0xacca00].
[SoftPowerOff] lib_init, >>>
[SoftPowerOff] Hooking Soft Power-Off everywhere!
[SoftPowerOff] init done...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

juuso wrote:D series report: power off: panel off, sound off, everything seem to be as expected.
But how do you guys do power on? I have no reaction to any of rc keys. Except key power off, which brings TV to true standby.
You should just press power while in soft-off mode, and TV should awake (after max. 3~4 seconds) :)
I wonder if what you describe doesn't look more like a crash. TV shoudn't go to true standby unless you press source+power in "Hooking Soft Power-Off everywhere!" mode.
Anyway, I'm going to release a new version with some fixes, and fullfilling mihd's request...

Return to “[F] Software”