[App] libAlert B/C/D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

[App] libAlert B/C/D/E/F/H

Post by zoelechat »

Lib displays user-defined text popups or message box on TV. Also has a feature to make screen blink on injection.

TEXT:
TEXT.jpg
MSGBOX:
MSGBOX.jpg
SYSTEM: (experimental, might crash some TVs, especially H, ugly anyway)
SYSTEM.jpg
CENTER:
CENTER.jpg
Usage:
*For D series (arm), replace every instance of /mnt below by /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user/SamyGO/SamyGO
*For C series (arm), replace every instance of /mnt below by /SamyGO on your rooting USB device
*For B series, latest samyGOso is there.
  • Get latest samyGOso from there and copy/overwrite samyGOso file (not folder) to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin
  • Set permissions if needed (usually not if overwritten)

Code: Select all

chmod +x /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso
  • Extract attached archive and copy libAlert.so to /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso (create folder if needed).
  • Execute

samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so [arg1...arg3]
    Injecting without args makes...nothing! Usable args are:
    • TEXT:"Your text" - Display popup with your text.
    • MSGBOX:"Your text" - Display message box with your text.
    • SYSTEM:"Your text" - Display 'system-like' popup with your text.
    • CENTER:"Your text" - Display small center popup with your text.
      Only one of the 4 options above can be used at once.
    • BLINKS:n - Make screen blink n times.
    • DELAY:ms - Specify duration of/between blinks in milliseconds. If unspecified, default is 50ms.
    Logfile is written to /dtv/Alert.log
Sample usages:

samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so TEXT:"Welcome to SamyGO!"

samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so BLINKS:3 DELAY:200 MSGBOX:"Blah!"
Fully support international chars. However, TV Telnet doesn't support their input, that's why an intermediate script is mandatory if you want ??x?t?c? chars to be displayed correctly. Such script is provided as sample in archive (test.sh).
A startup script is there too (99_99_zzzAlert.init), also sample since it's not possible to define a default setup. Don't forget to set execute permissions if you use them (chmod +x).

*Changelog:

17/5/2015
v0.2.1 - Added SYSTEM/CENTER options
10/5/2015
v0.1.6 - First public release
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
racocvr
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libAlert B/C/D/E/F/H

Post by racocvr »

Hey, thanks for this one!

I added

/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so TEXT:"SamyGO started."
at the end of run1.sh and now I know when samygo has started and telnet is available 8-)
miazza
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by miazza »

racocvr wrote:Hey, thanks for this one!

I added

/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so TEXT:"SamyGO started."
at the end of run1.sh and now I know when samygo has started and telnet is available 8-)
Pay attention. You have put this line at the very beginning of your boot sequence.
Normally it is safe but in case of problems during the samyGOso injection you might end with a boot loop.
It is suggested to execute a script with usb protection patch as the one included in the init script.

By the way, I also suggest you to put one at the end of init sequence so that you know when the boot is completed.
AVOID TO PUBLISH AND DISCLOSE SAMYGO PROJECTS ON OTHER FORUM.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Doesn't really matter on F/H (run1.sh) or USB root. Either SAMYGO_STOP is already there or it's just needed to unplug root USB to prevent bootloop. The advice is true and strongly recommended for E/Skype root though.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

New version, added 2 new popup styles. See 1st post.
dapper2490
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by dapper2490 »

Great work, zoelechat.

This is something I have been looking for for a while now.

Does anyone know how this could be integrated with a computer notification service such as Growl or PushBullet?

Thanks again.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

dapper2490 wrote:Great work, zoelechat.

This is something I have been looking for for a while now.

Does anyone know how this could be integrated with a computer notification service such as Growl or PushBullet?

Thanks again.
telnet :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
manos78

Post by manos78 »

dapper2490 wrote:Does anyone know how this could be integrated with a computer notification service such as Growl or PushBullet?
Done! :mrgreen:

1) Install and configure my REST/HTTP server in your TV:
viewtopic.php?f=49&t=9360

2) From your "client" (remote machine) use simple HTTP calls like:
[url]http://my_tv:5500/service/message/text/Hello%20from%20remote%20machine/blink//delay/2[/url]

3) If you like to "connect" Growl or PushBullet, use an intermediate "broker" or custom "server" (I recommend one instance of NodeRED, with support for PushBullet and several other services!)

:roll:
"Add this script for external call"
libAlert.sh:
SpoilerShow

#!/bin/sh
#Never go back to ANSI: ???? :D

SODIR=/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/so

$SODIR/samyGOso -A -B -l $SODIR/libAlert.so "$@"
I suggest to the main developer of libAlert to include this "libAlert.sh" script for "remote" call. 8-)
smart_lover
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smart_lover »

zoelechat wrote:Lib displays user-defined text popups or message box on TV. Also has a feature to make screen blink on injection.
When ever I run following command in E series TVs, A blue messagebox with my desired text will be show correctly.
But when I want to test it in my H series, I got a red messagebox instead of blue one with text trimmed to "yGO!".

samyGOso -d -A -B -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAlert.so SYSTEM:"Welcome to SamyGO!"
And when I want to close it with return/exit TV will be restarted!!
What is my problem?!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Probably some "bug", most likely unexpected and different offset to that specific kind of message box depending on firmware I can't guess... Solution would be not to use that ugly SYSTEM feature :)

Return to “[F] Software”