[App] libAlert B/C/D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

astrakid
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libAlert B/C/D/E/F/H

Post by astrakid »

i can't agree, it was the ssh session that behaved this way:

Code: Select all

# ./test.sh 
samyGOso v1.2.5 (c) bugficks 2013-2014, sectroyer 2014-2015
usage: /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso [-p PID | -n procname | -A | -T | -D ] [-B ] {-c CONFIG | -l /full/path/to/inject.so [-r (=resident)]} [-d (=debug on)] [-a (=add libc addressoffset )] [arg0,...,argN]
# reboot 
Connection to 192.168.2.40 closed by remote host.
Connection to 192.168.2.40 closed.
root@p1:~/$ 
when trying to reboot (see 5th line) the ssh connection is closed.
btw: now the tv behaves exactly as in my "error-scenario": remote control is not reacting. ;-)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Beware that crash is expected if you reinject before TIMEOUT reached :)

samyGOso telling "usage blah" simply means it can't find exeTV/exeAPP pid (depending on which you inject) -> TV crashed
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
astrakid
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by astrakid »

understand, but "TEXT" of libAlert seems not to have an issue with that, it wipes the former screen.
Another issue: Every 5th crash needs two reboots of TV to get WLAN working - is that a known issue as well?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

astrakid wrote:understand, but "TEXT" of libAlert seems not to have an issue with that, it wipes the former screen.
Yeah, but libAlert use TV's own function whereas libText use self-made and it has no way to know if another instance is already existing. Two instances of the same lib at once=crash (whatever is lib).
astrakid wrote:Another issue: Every 5th crash needs two reboots of TV to get WLAN working - is that a known issue as well?
5th crash? Exactly?? :D
No idea, are you using libNetSwitch?
astrakid
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by astrakid »

no, not exactly, maybe more or less. maybe it is just by accident, but from my 15 crashes this afternoon i had 3 to 5 times (round about) to reboot the TV again. No, i don't use libNetSwitch.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Really no idea, I guess you inject too much ;)
Another clue: use LAN :D

Btw, libText HAS to remain loaded in case you use TIMEOUT (only), otherwise you can set no timeout, then WIPE on reinjection after your own sleep in script, no "overlapping" problem then :)
astrakid
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by astrakid »

I understand, but my main goal is to call the script from my asterisk-server and I can't sleep on the on hand and send the call to my phone on the other hand (maybe it is possible, but i don't know right now). I will stick to libAlert anyway since it is better readable because of the box. would be quite cool to change box- or fontsize. but right now it is better for my usage then libText.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

astrakid wrote:would be quite cool to change box- or fontsize
Sure, but playing with TV GUI is pain in the ass like doing DTP using Windows Paint.
Actually I don't think both libAlert/libText will "move" that much from now on, need to go forward :)
astrakid
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by astrakid »

fine for me. it works quite good enough. ;)
nevertheless just reproduced the issue again by accident:
called libAlert with "SYSTEM", the text was longer as allowed so the last 17 (?) characters were only displayed. I exited the message on TV via remote control's exit key - from that point on my tv is not controllable anymore, network connections are down... I did NOT call libAlert a second time!!!
just for your information. ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Ok, thanks for report, not worth a fix imho ;) (works perfectly here :p)
SYSTEM is awful experimental crap I learned afterwards TV doesn't like when we play with it, that's probably why :)

Return to “[F] Software”