[App] libScreenShot E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung F series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] libScreenShot E/F/H

Post by Algol »

Hi, zoelechat!

I liked the possibility of taking screenshots so much, but now it seems I rushed a bit with rejoicing... There are a few... issues with the script...

The last night and this morning my TV (UE40H6200AK) worked fine, I took 20-30 screenshots just for fun and then my TV started to "behave" eratically. It would turn off by itself, losing picture while sound still went on... and, finally it started to behave predictably: I would turn it on, after a few seconds picture would appear (for that time TV was still responsive) and after approximately 50 seconds it would become apsolutely unresponsive to any keypress on the remote controller. Picture and sound went on normally, but no response to any keypress on the RC. The only way to change anything was to unplug it from the wall. And after replugging the same thing over and over again. Plug in the TV - after 50 secs become unresponsive - unplug it. I think you got the picture of what was happening.

So, the only way to get my TV "normal", was to disable RCremap init script (in the /mnt/etc/init.d directory). Now it is 99_95_RCremap.init.dis.
There is RCremap.log file, but it shows a little:

Code: Select all

[RCremap] SamyGO RCremap v0.3.5 log - (c) bugficks 2013, small fixes by sectroyer 2014
And nothing else.
Oddly, I can still make a screenshot through Telnet, it looks like this:
SpoilerShow
/mnt # /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/rcRemap_capture_H

Entering character mode
Escape character is '^]'.

/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso -A -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libScreenShot.so PATH:/dtv/usb/sdb1/__screenshots ALT SOURCE
/mnt # /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin/samyGOso -A -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/li
bScreenShot.so PATH:/dtv/usb/sdb1/__screenshots ALT SOURCE
samyGOso v1.2.5 (c) bugficks 2013-2014, sectroyer 2014-2015
Injecting '/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libScreenShot.so' resident: '0'
Succeeded.
/mnt # /mnt #
After enabling the init script - all the same - for short time all works normaly, then crashes, then unresponsivness.

Making screenshots is very nice "feature" of rooted TVs, after no-DRM recording. There's often something to "shoot" - some pretty face, odd or funny animal, images of the disasters, etc, etc.
So I would be really happy If you did some more meditation and have looked at your script and found the Gremlins. I will try and be helpful as much as I can (doing the testing).

Regards! :)
Please, do not ask from me to get you files or procedure for rooting your TV. If you can't donate $10, try make some deal with erdem_ua.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I'd say it's due to "over-injection", remember that you can't do "movies" with lib, you're supposed to do screenshots "from time to time". Each capture can take several seconds, especially if TV has to "wakeup an HDD" to save it.
Just uncomment the 4th line of script I sent you (remove # at the beginning of line):

#[ -e /dtv/ScreenShot.log ] && [ ! "$(grep deinit /dtv/ScreenShot.log)" ] && exit 0
Should be fine then :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Algol »

Ok, thx for quick reply!
Please, do not ask from me to get you files or procedure for rooting your TV. If you can't donate $10, try make some deal with erdem_ua.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Btw, for info and for this reason, lib log (/dtv/ScreenShot.log) shows how long process took:

[ScreenShot] Capture process took: 1088ms
Try the case where "you didn't take screenshot for long enough and your HDD entered sleep state", if you're using 3.5" HDD you should probably see >10000ms there :)
Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Algol »

With that line uncommented - no screenshots at all. Non-resposiveness.

Telnet:

/mnt/bin/ash: /mnt: Permission denied
/mnt #
I commented that line and it works. Let it be, for some time...
Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Algol »

zoelechat wrote:Btw, for info and for this reason, lib log (/dtv/ScreenShot.log) shows how long process took:

[ScreenShot] Capture process took: 1088ms
Try the case where "you didn't take screenshot for long enough and your HDD entered sleep state", if you're using 3.5" HDD you should probably see >10000ms there :)
It saves screenshots on the flash stick. I knew taking scr takes ~1 second. ;)
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Algol wrote:

/mnt/bin/ash: /mnt: Permission denied
/mnt #
"Permission denied" can't be because of uncommented line !! :D
Guess you've uncommented 1st line instead of 4th...

I didn't think a single char would need another attachment, but that's what happen when people are too "assisted" :)
Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Algol »

Ok, ok, don't try to make a fool of me. I uncommented the right line. Not first, but this:

#[ -e /dtv/ScreenShot.log ] && [ ! "$(grep deinit /dtv/ScreenShot.log)" ] && exit 0
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Then you probably introduced another typo elsewhere :D

Anyway, change to that one, I just realized that previous one could prevent any further screenshot in some cases :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Algol
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Algol »

Ok, thanx!

Return to “[F] Software”