Firmware Downgrade

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Firmware Downgrade

Post by tuffguy721 »

Like a dummy, I did a software update on my F6350 last weekend. I think it said the last time it checked for software update was 2015. But now I’m running the latest 2225. Since the update I noticed that I have been getting errors playing some kids movies I was running off my usb hard drive. It would play the movie for a random amount of time like 20 minutes or 30 and then just stop and say something like video playback error.

So I have two questions, did Samsung update include some sorry of content/anti-piracy restrictions in this latest update hat is causing these problems?

Is there a way to downgrade my firmware? I already read he instructions and believe I successfully rooted my Tv via the samygo USB key method. Do I have to become a donor to get instructions and access for older firmware.

Thanks
tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Firmware Downgrade

Post by tuffguy721 »

So, i was able to downgrade my firmwared from 2225 to 1116 without any problems. I still have my root working, but the only thing is i have no apps and cant install any my samsung apps because my samsung account option is greyed out in the menu. I have tried factory resetting tv twice and reset the smart hub twice. I also tried some suggestions i read such as changed smart hub region to a different country and then back to original one. Has anyone else come across this and have any input they could add?
tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tuffguy721 »

Just wanted to update this and say it can be closed. I have resolved my issue. I was able to get my TV back to my original firmware 1200 before i updated in the first place. the issue with the samsung account being greyed out was just me not waiting long enough. Apparently it took the TV almost 10 Minutes to remove the greyed out and let me click it.
tatundria
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tatundria »

tuffguy721 wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:35 pm Like a dummy, I did a software update on my F6350 last weekend. I think it said the last time it checked for software update was 2015. But now I’m running the latest 2225. Since the update I noticed that I have been getting errors playing some kids movies I was running off my usb hard drive. It would play the movie for a random amount of time like 20 minutes or 30 and then just stop and say something like video playback error.

So I have two questions, did Samsung update include some sorry of content/anti-piracy restrictions in this latest update hat is causing these problems?

Is there a way to downgrade my firmware? I already read he instructions and believe I successfully rooted my Tv via the samygo USB key method. Do I have to become a donor to get instructions and access for older firmware.

Thanks
Please, can you tell me how did you downgrade?
tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tuffguy721 »

I used the method described in this thread viewtopic.php?f=70&t=9497
EngBoz

Post by EngBoz »

Hello i can not enter the link it says "You are not authorised to read this forum." How can i read it
SirVival
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by SirVival »

The link is in Extra section and available for donor group only.
Read this: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8155

Return to “[F] Firmware”