[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

jajonesss

Re: How to get root access on F series

Post by jajonesss »

I installed hack on UE32F5500 with firmware 1111. Everything worked. I now have apps from multiple countries install and working fine. Was able to ftp into TV without any problem.

Thanks to everyone for all the instructions.
forcer

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by forcer »

Where do you get firmware 1111 on F5300/F5500? My latest available firmware is 1109
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

i think it is available online.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
jajonesss

Post by jajonesss »

forcer wrote:Where do you get firmware 1111 on F5300/F5500? My latest available firmware is 1109
Was set to auto update and got a prompt when I was changing to Australia on 21/09 and it got update to 1111.
forcer

Post by forcer »

I see that US NTSC models do have firmware 1110 available online, however when I look at european models, I see only 1109 or even 1107.
gasketse

Post by gasketse »

So guys im having a bit of trouble installing sammy go widget on my F5300 (32UF5300) (Greece). I have skype and it runs perfect....I did extract data folder to a USB (fat 32) and put it on my TV....Downloaded SmartHub Widget Manager... Logged on my TV as develop(didnt ask for password). Did put the IP...and when I click start app sync it tries to download sammy go widget but it says failed because of security. Any way to bypass that? Am I doing something wrong?

Firmware is : 1109!

Thanks in advance!
stevenails

Post by stevenails »

working on UE42F5370 v1111
is there any easy way to activate ssh ?
thanks.
stevenails

Post by stevenails »

gasketse wrote:So guys im having a bit of trouble installing sammy go widget on my F5300 (32UF5300) (Greece). I have skype and it runs perfect....I did extract data folder to a USB (fat 32) and put it on my TV....Downloaded SmartHub Widget Manager... Logged on my TV as develop(didnt ask for password). Did put the IP...and when I click start app sync it tries to download sammy go widget but it says failed because of security. Any way to bypass that? Am I doing something wrong?

Firmware is : 1109!

Thanks in advance!
Try deactivating your firewall on the PC. worked for me.
Heatshiver

Post by Heatshiver »

I read the instructions and really want to try this! But my first questions is:

1) What will rooting let me do?

2) The initial thread states that if you don't want the "hack" to delete the SamyGO widget... Does this mean the device will go back to being unrooted after deleting the widget? If not, how do you unroot the TV?

Thanks!
gasketse

Post by gasketse »

its deactivated...it starts the progress and it says that its trying to install samy go widget..but security wont let it..any solutions?

Update: I restored factory settings..tried again..same method and got it installed

Return to “[F] Firmware”