[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by juusso »

required kernel modules are included to latest Extensions. Also init script.
viewtopic.php?p=50329#p50329
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

juuso wrote:required kernel modules are included to latest Extensions. Also init script.
viewtopic.php?p=50329#p50329
Thank you. Will try and report back.
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

bobg2007 wrote:damm. thats no good... I'm assuming without pty support its going to be hard to issue commands.

Unless there is a way to have a script to run on startup? Basically bugflicks we are trying to use your SPMDecrypter to decrypt the Netflix widget. We are trying to get the Widget to run in hubs others then those it is native for...
it should work w/o real telnet. i did most my stuff w/ this pseudo shell or netcat :) just every commands needs full path for executable and its arguments
bobg2007
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobg2007 »

thanks guys... I managed to get it working and decrypted the Netflix SPM files.... I'm trying to transfer the widget across with the Sammy Widgets tool, it can see the netflix widget and the tv tries to transfer it but it 'Fails to install' due to an error in the javascript.... UndocumentedAPI onunloaded' used.

Perhaps the Australian browser doesn't support all of the javascript API's?
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

bobg2007 wrote:thanks guys... I managed to get it working and decrypted the Netflix SPM files.... I'm trying to transfer the widget across with the Sammy Widgets tool, it can see the netflix widget and the tv tries to transfer it but it 'Fails to install' due to an error in the javascript.... UndocumentedAPI onunloaded' used.

Perhaps the Australian browser doesn't support all of the javascript API's?
This is basically a security error. It does not allow installing apps that are using undocumented api's.

There is a way around this. Can you share the Netflix.zip, I will try to install it and see if it works.
F9000 + SEK-3500U
bobg2007
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobg2007 »

Sure here you go... here is the unedited result from running SPMdecrypt over it... if you manage to get around it could you please let me know how.

http://wikisend.com/download/104232/11101200001_img.zip
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

user widgets arent allowed to use full api. luckily its only checked at install time. i usually install a dummy widget and overwrite files w/ ftp
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

bobg2007 wrote:Sure here you go... here is the unedited result from running SPMdecrypt over it... if you manage to get around it could you please let me know how.

http://wikisend.com/download/104232/11101200001_img.zip
This is not the new v4.0005, it is v3.22601. This works on EU firmware, so what exactly are you trying to do? I thought You are talking about the new version with new UI?
F9000 + SEK-3500U
myname70
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by myname70 »

Guys , I have an issue now with the Anynet+ connect and HDMI ARC on f8000. The TV see them but cannot connect. Any ideas to solve it? I tried to root it this morning. Now remove the SamyGO widget , did reset... no help)

EDIT: Fixed by total power shutdown and HDMI cable re-plug.
Last edited by myname70 on Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobg2007
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bobg2007 »

Hi M11,

Some of us are trying to get this version running with the Australian smart hub. We can copy the files across to the user directory but when we click in the icon it just freezes.

So we thought we'd try to load it via the Sammy Widgets app. But we had to decrypt it first. However we still get an error, as mentioned earlier.

Version 4 doesn't work with the Australian firmware version so we are trying to get the UK version working in the Australian hub

Return to “[F] Firmware”