[How To] Get root access on F series

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

hispan1cMT

Re: [How To] Get root access on F series

Post by hispan1cMT »

There's no problem with libSkype.so. It works fine on other TV's with FW1111.
I have been reading your posts and it seems that you have done everything right.

However, just a few questions :

- Whenever you try to FTP or WinSCP with Root (no password) - Do you have the SmartHub open on the TV?
- What's the exact FTP error? Connection refused?
- Are you 100% sure you're pinging and trying to access the right IP address?
UE46F6500 FW 1111 - Rooted
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

@bugficks: I didn't know this different behaviour between direct script execution and through the /bin/sh, thank you for the explanation.

@hispan: this evening I'll test with run.s also, but I'm afraid you're right (even if I hope no, that you're NOT right!! :D)
1) FTP/TELNET tried with SmartHub NOT opened (is this important?)
2) DOS shell TELNET answered "Connection refused", DOS shell FTP simply don't open the connection (non username required, when I try to force the user request FTP answer "No connection"), I haven't tried with WinSCP (if FTP line-command doesn't work...)
3) Yes I am, when the TV is in stand-by, also the PING cmd fails...

@all: any other way to execute the run.sh script with root grants? only the libSkype.so is granted of these rights by the OS at boot time?
hispan1cMT

Post by hispan1cMT »

Hi Tamagnun,
FTP/TELNET tried with SmartHub NOT opened (is this important?)
Try it :-) I kept getting "Connection refused" until I opened the SmartHub.
I used https://filezilla-project.org/download.php. Good luck.
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

Thank you hispan, obviously I'll try also your suggestion, but because I've verified that the main script for the root operation (run.sh) is not executed during the TV boot, I'm quite sure that FTP/TELNET won't have possibilities to work properly!
Tamagnun
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Tamagnun »

Nothing to do!
I've copied the file run.sh as run.s into SamyGO Widget.zip, but nothing is changed!
The script is not executed at boot time, because I've modified it to write a log file into the USB key, and nothing has been written on it after the TV boot (the modified script can be verified on page 17, I've highlighted any changes!).

I've also modified Main.js program in order to get on the USB key a copy of the original AutoStart and libSkype.so before to overwrite them with the ones provided by the developer team: AutoStart is an empty file perfectly equal to the new one :D, the original libSkype.so is attached to this message, if someone of the developer team can analyse it to try to understand what is different from the one that was disassembled to produce the patched one, I'll be very grateful! :roll:

If anyone has other ideas, I'll be very happy to accept any suggestion!!
I'm ready also to test more intricated way to execute the run.sh in any other way...

@hispan: TELNET and FTP doesn't connect also with the SmartHub opened! :cry:

Ciao
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hispan1cMT

Post by hispan1cMT »

@hispan: TELNET and FTP doesn't connect also with the SmartHub opened!
Did you tried with Filezilla, it will give more info than cmd ftp. Are you getting Connection refused?
vector

Post by vector »

works on ue50f6500 with latest firmware available on samsung site 1113.0!
UE50F6500, FW 1116.0
m2tk
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by m2tk »

Tamagnun wrote:Nothing to do!
I've copied the file run.sh as run.s into SamyGO Widget.zip, but nothing is changed!
The script is not executed at boot time, because I've modified it to write a log file into the USB key, and nothing has been written on it after the TV boot (the modified script can be verified on page 17, I've highlighted any changes!).
Ciao
Your run.sh is not called. Can you show us how your widgetlist.xml looks like? Is it:
<widget id="SamyGO">
I write some Main.js to autoscan all USBs for needed files, worked for me.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wanthill
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Wanthill »

Works on 46F6340 with last firmware v. 1113

Thanks
Puma

Post by Puma »

First sorry for my bad english....

I have a Problem... the root Access works fine and i have connect to TV. But after i restart the TV it dosen't work and i reinstall it everytime on TV.
Where is my mistake?

I hope everywhere can help me...

Thanks Puma

Return to “[F] Firmware”