[How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Post by sectroyer »

kaydee wrote:how to not to H series but it works with this box.
No ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
kaydee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kaydee »

With this box it works but also on the H series. It's the same box as the 4K TVs H Serie from Samsung. Why should it not work there? Unfortunately, I do not understand that.

SEK-2500
Firmware is: T-GFP9DEUC-1300.2

Same as HU 8500

Want it like to try but am afraid I lose my samygo F series forever :(
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

kaydee wrote:With this box it works but also on the H series(
Well it's NOT the firmware that matters. It's the SEK/SEQ/Evolution Kit that DOES matter :) Evo -> NO OSCAM, EVER, FOREVER :)
kaydee wrote: It's the same box as the 4K TVs H Serie from Samsung. Why should it not work there?
It's NOT "the same" since by default those TV (by default) do NOT have SEQ/SEK/Evo Kit :) Connecting EvoKit IMMEDIATELY disables oscam even on oscam capable TVs
kaydee wrote: Unfortunately, I do not understand that.
Bullshit: EVO -> NO OSCAM. You DO understand you just do NOT want to accept it :P
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
kaydee
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kaydee »

okay thank you pity then I must indeed buy the HU8590
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

I don't understand it either why sectroyer thinks it does not work? Do you have a sek-2500, have you tried?

Fact is that both hardware and software is the same for sek-2500 and HU8500 OCB. In fact I have connected HU8500 OCB to F9000 TV and SEK-2500 to HU8500. It works both ways.

So basically you are saying that if I install oscam on HU8500 OCB it will work, but if take that OCB and connect it to F9000 then OSCAM won't work? Why?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
F9000 + SEK-3500U
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

M11 wrote:I don't understand it either why sectroyer thinks it does not work? Do you have a sek-2500, have you tried?

Fact is that both hardware and software is the same for sek-2500 and HU8500 OCB. In fact I have connected HU8500 OCB to F9000 TV and SEK-2500 to HU8500. It works both ways.

So basically you are saying that if I install oscam on HU8500 OCB it will work, but if take that OCB and connect it to F9000 then OSCAM won't work? Why?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Ehhh you do NOT install oscam "on SEK". You install it "on TV"!!! And once you connect ANY SEK/SEQ/EvoKit Oscam STOPS working!!! We know it FOR SURE and do NOT need ANY SEK/SEQ/EvoKit to know that!!! It's DESIGNED to work like this :P That's why SEK/SEQ/EvoKit version doesn't and it's firmware also does NOT matter :)
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: [How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Post by M11 »

sectroyer wrote:Ehhh you do NOT install oscam "on SEK". You install it "on TV"!!! And once you connect ANY SEK/SEQ/EvoKit Oscam STOPS working!!! We know it FOR SURE and do NOT need ANY SEK/SEQ/EvoKit to know that!!! It's DESIGNED to work like this :P That's why SEK/SEQ/EvoKit version doesn't and it's firmware also does NOT matter :)
It seems to me that you are talking about evolution kits sek-1000 and sek-2000 that connect to the back of the tv.

In case of SEK-2500U, it is the same box that HU8500 comes with. Connections, CI slots, firmware, Apps and everything is stored on this box and not in the TV. http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/image/uhdtv/S ... onnect.jpg

I have a HU8500 and also F9000 with SEK-2500U. I can swap the boxes around without any problems. I'm 99% sure that if OSCAM works on HU8500, then I can take HU8500 one connect box and connect it to my F9000 and it would still work.
Edited by Moderator: Crapatalk bad quote edit
F9000 + SEK-3500U
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Best way to cut short would be simply to try imho :)

Btw, looks like "Nexus 7 usung Tapatalk" is unable to quote correctly, tired of editing... :roll:
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Best way to cut short would be simply to try imho :)
Yeah same here, just be aware that we it's big chance it will fail :)
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: [How To] Get root on 2013 Evolution Kit

Post by M11 »

zoelechat wrote:Best way to cut short would be simply to try imho :)

Btw, looks like "Nexus 7 usung Tapatalk" is unable to quote correctly, tired of editing... :roll:
Kaydee asked if it would work. I'm personally not interested in OSCAM. I just replied because I don't see why it wouldn't work if it works on HU8500.

Sorry about the sent from my Nexus message.
Edited by Moderator: Crapatalk bad quote edit
F9000 + SEK-3500U

Return to “[F] Firmware”