Updating firmware from another country.

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

Timmy1024

Re: Updating firmware from another country.

Post by Timmy1024 »

Thanks both for your comments.

@Zoe, is the Netflix issue truly common? I mean, right out of the box, the TV with Netflix v4 not starting even with the preinstalled stock firmware? I've found a couple of threads but not too many about this issue.

If this is very common, how is it that people aren't going nuts all over the internet with having a stock TV that doesn't open Netflix??? :shock:

I ask because I'd like to find a fix for it; maybe some users had dwell deeper into the subject. 8-)

Thanks!
M11
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by M11 »

If Netflix v4 is available in your region then contact Samsung support and ask why it does not work.

V4 does not work on European and Australian firmware and its not available in these regions. It only works on US firmware. Maybe your region uses the same firmware as US?
F9000 + SEK-3500U
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Thanks.

I'm about to update the TV firmware. I wanted to ask you, what would happen if I root it first (supposing that it'll work) and then update? I think I might or not lose root, but the most important question is, do I risk bricking the TV by updating the firmware of a TV with the Samy tools installed?

I ask that so I know if I should try rooting first, then updating firmware, then re-root (if needed) or directly update the TV right now and then try to see if rooting works.

Thanks again
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If latest firmware blocks public root method (as might be expected), root will be lost and you'll need to try new method from donor's area. Else it will still be there. No risk of bricking in any case :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Thanks for the confirmation zoe! I'll follow this path then:

Full reset the TV from the menu (remember, I'm doing all this to try to fix Netflix v4 not working) -> Try Netflix -> If it doesn't work, try rooting and then updating the firmware -> Check Netflix (hopefully it works! :D) -> Check if root is still present -> If root not present, try again to root with public root -> If public root doesn't work, go get the donor's version

Thanks
fede843

Post by fede843 »

Hello everyone. I now this thread has been inactive since a long way ago. At the end did you upgrade your TV?
Best,
Federico

Return to “[F] Firmware”