Updating firmware from another country.

Here is information about customize your F series firmware.

maaw

Updating firmware from another country.

Post by maaw »

Hi, is it safe to update the firmware via usb using another country's firmware? I have a UN46F5500AG with v1118 that finds no new firmware neither via OTA nor via my country's Samsung's website. On the US site I found 1122.2 which fixes many of the problems I'm having, and the listed model is UN46F5500AFXZA.
Are they compatible? Will I brick my tv or lose any regional settings?
Thanks in advance.
maaw

Re: Updating firmware from another country.

Post by maaw »

Anybody? It's a very simple question for the experts of this forum. :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Its not.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
maaw

Post by maaw »

Thanks, so there's no way for me to fix the wireless connectivity issues i'm having?
mruschetti

Post by mruschetti »

maaw wrote:Thanks, so there's no way for me to fix the wireless connectivity issues i'm having?
HAve you managed to install a different firmware of different country on your TV -''
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

It is not connected to the FW for other country in the same region. It is all the same. Wireless region is set in the service menu. If Wifi module is faulty, it won't help. Anyway, you can not install FW from different region (like EU to US, eg).
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Hi there,

I'm a newcomer to this great community. I recently got a UN55F8000 in Argentina and I went ahead and switched the Smart HUB to US region. In there, I noticed that the Netflix app (v4) crashes on a black screen back to the HUB. After a lot of reading, I know that this is a problem with older firmware and the new v4 app.

I want to stay on the USA region and update the firmware. My current firmware is 1111. If I stay in the original Argentina region, the firmware update shows "1117" as a new version available. Meanwhile, on the USA region, the latest firmware available is $1114".

So, my question is, where should I upgrade from? the Argentinian one or the USA one? Would it brick if I update while on the USA version? What would happen if I upgrade to the 1117 Argentina version and then switch back to the USA HUB; would it still work?

I've tried searching for this in Google and over here at the forums, but found no answers on the matter. Would you please let me know how I should upgrade, and if the 1114/1117 versions hinder the possibilities to root/SamyGo Extensions further down the road?

BTW, another thing that puzzles my mind is why some people from the USA say about 1118, 1120 firmware version while mine (while on the USA region) shows 1114 as the newest???

Thanks in advance for your support! Regards
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Hi there, just bumping my question. Would you please lend me a hand? I have a non-working Netflix and I need to update the firmware but I don't know if I should do it:

- From 1113 to 1117 with the original Smart Hub Country (Argentina)
- From 1113 to 1114 with the modified Smart Hub Country (United States)

Please let me know.

Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Nobody here will encourage you to upgrade firmware and I'm not sure anybody has a categorical answer to your question. It's proven that firmware from different region could brick TV, but I don't know if Argentinian and US models are really different ones. Anyway it's probably safer to follow Samsung's advice and update with original country set.
Also be careful of automatic updates if you haven't disabled OTN support yet.

ps: no need for multi-post :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Timmy1024

Post by Timmy1024 »

Thanks for your reply zoe! Sorry about multiposting, i wanted to ask in the two threads I was participating.

Do you have the source where Samsung recommends updating with original country set? Because as I wrote before, Samsung officially documented the way to change country in the Smart Hub License Agreement. If, after doing that, the user updates the TV while being in a different region, then it could brick the device if this was harmful and Samsung officially supported the way to change the country without any mention of firmware updating!

On a related subject, is the same to disable the firmware updates from OTN (which I think if inside the service menu - right?) than disabling it from the regular remote "menu" option to disable automatic updates?

Thanks again zoe for your support! Regards,

Return to “[F] Firmware”