F8005 and RS232

This forum is for information related with F series hardware.
Post Reply

Frippe
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 am

F8005 and RS232

Post by Frippe » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 am

I'm looking for a way to send RS232 command to my UE55F8005 TV. I want to be able to send simple command like: Power on/off
Has anyone got any tips for me?

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5628
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: F8005 and RS232

Post by sectroyer » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:27 am

Frippe wrote:I'm looking for a way to send RS232 command to my UE55F8005 TV. I want to be able to send simple command like: Power on/off
Has anyone got any tips for me?
rs232->hdmi :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Frippe
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:31 am

Re: F8005 and RS232

Post by Frippe » Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:56 pm

sectroyer wrote:
Frippe wrote:I'm looking for a way to send RS232 command to my UE55F8005 TV. I want to be able to send simple command like: Power on/off
Has anyone got any tips for me?
rs232->hdmi :)
CEC doesn't really work in this case. I need the feedback from the screen

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer
Posts: 5628
Joined: Wed May 04, 2011 5:10 pm

Re: F8005 and RS232

Post by sectroyer » Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:20 pm

Frippe wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
Frippe wrote:I'm looking for a way to send RS232 command to my UE55F8005 TV. I want to be able to send simple command like: Power on/off
Has anyone got any tips for me?
rs232->hdmi :)
CEC doesn't really work in this case. I need the feedback from the screen
hdmi->dec + exlink :) You won't get anything more :D
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/ Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Post Reply

Return to “[F] Hardware”