EEPROM PN51F8500

This forum is for information related with F series hardware.

Moonchilde

EEPROM PN51F8500

Post by Moonchilde »

Can anyone help me find it? Let me know what information you need and I will provide it. Pictures, whatever. I'm not sure exactly what chip I'm looking for, the only one I know for sure is the power control chip. There are several other chips that are identical, and 2 unique chips. All look similar to the IC's that are EEPROMs on other models.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: EEPROM PN51F8500

Post by juusso »

look for 8pin chips where is label ATMEL or maybe some letters with digits. Or better you post here all the labels of 8pin chips. Sure high resolution photos are welcome.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Moonchilde

Post by Moonchilde »

Chip A: Z3011PI

Chip B: Z1360AI

Chip C: G2992B

Chip D: P1J8G4

Chip E: P249G4

Mainboard with chips labled

Sorry the mainboard one is kind of shitty, but it's the best I was able to get it. The others are fairly good I think. If you have any questions let me know.

Chip C is actually a power control chip, so I don't think that's EEPROM ;) Don't need to worry about that one but I included it anyway. Chip A I think is another type of control chip, I forgot exactly what it was but there are 5 of them for a control purpose and I do not think they are EEPROM related. So that leaves the other 3 chips, all which are unique.

Edit: So sorry the images do not fit in the page, lol. Right click them and open in a new tab please, then you can see the full ones. If this is a problem let me know and I will fix it :) Thank you again.
Moonchilde

Post by Moonchilde »

I also don't know if this means anything or not, but the mainboard has a ribbon cable that has a pinout labeled as such:

This cable then connects to another board at the bottom of the TV that has more IC's on it. Does this mean it's possible the IC is on another board and not the main one for EEPROM? As you can see, there are solder points labeled EEPROM SDA, EEPROM SCL, and EEPROM WP, pins 72, 73, and 74 respectively according to the service manual. Unfortunately the service manual does not include any PCB schematics (my old Sony one did, what a shame) for this particular TV.
Moonchilde

Post by Moonchilde »

Ok, I managed to get an image of the other IC on the F board that the ribbon with the pinout marked EEP SDA connects to.

Ah, a google search of the chip # brings up EEPROM CMOS and here is the datasheet. http://pdf.datasheetcatalog.com/datashe ... 655_DS.pdf

Looks like pins 8 and 5 or 5 and 4 need connected. I will wait for your feedback before testing. If this is the right chip then let's update the wiki.

Thanks again in advance.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Yes, i completely agree, ATMEL S24C32 is our target. No doubts.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
Moonchilde

Post by Moonchilde »

Ok, so an update on this. The S24C32 is definitely not the right chip for an EEPROM reset. I soldered wires to pins 5 and 8 and shorting the chip does not reset any service menu or any other menu settings otherwise. I tried 5 and 4 as well and no go.

I ordered a replacement main board (it wasn't THAT expensive so I didn't mind plus I had paypal money stocked up) and when I booted the TV it had all the settings that were stored in the new main board. All the service settings were default and I changed RS232 to Debug from UART, turned the TV off, shorted the S24C32, turned the TV on and it booted as normal. Service setting that I changed on the new board from UART to Debug was still set to Debug.

Either, I am not shorting the chip right (which I doubt) or it isn't the right chip. So, back to trying to find the right chip. Any ideas? I have my original board to test stuff out on so we can find out.
bogdan0
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by bogdan0 »

juusso wrote: Sun Aug 03, 2014 9:42 am Yes, i completely agree, ATMEL S24C32 is our target. No doubts.
I found the EEPROM on S24C512 under the lower metal radiator (meaning towards down side of the tv). I will add pictures.

I know it is this the EEPROM as I have studied the EEPROM research done by you before on D panel and then tested until I found the address where it is changed the panel type: 3E2 bit 1 with values 0E for panel 51", 0F for 60", 10 for 64", 11 for seekpanel ... these values I tested.

I am wrong?

I needed to find this because I try to solve a mainboard change. The new mainboard is from a 64" europe and my tv is 60" US (both F8500).
Previously I installed a 51" mainboard europe on a 51" US and it was plug & play (both F8500) so the region change is not an issue.
TV is starting with audio only. I did a factory reset from service menu without seeing the screen and the music started automatically as should after factory reset.

In the setting there are 2 things different: panel type and logic s/w where this logic s/w if linked to the panel size. I do not know how this logic s/w works and if it.
I would appreciate your thoughts!
https://ctrlv.it/id/42963/3640440846
PS51F8500 (from PN518500) T-FXPDEUC-1125 (from 1114.1) SamyGo, fixed HBOGO; Still learning this :D

Return to “[F] Hardware”