Smart TV Software Upgrade Causes Trouble- Samsung UN40F6300

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

asbls
SamyGO Project Donor

Smart TV Software Upgrade Causes Trouble- Samsung UN40F6300

Post by asbls »

Just upgraded the software on my Samsung UN40F6300 for apparently the first time since I bought it. Current version # is 2225. I don't know what the previous # was but it was dated 7/5/2013. New version doesn't play media from a USB correctly or display feed from cable box, and for what it's worth the new interface sucks. Old version was awesome, I have never loved a television more. Can I get it back?
tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Smart TV Software Upgrade Causes Trouble- Samsung UN40F6300

Post by tuffguy721 »

You will have to downgrade your firmware using the guide provided in the post entitled [App] libFWdowngrade E/F/H but you will need to be a part of the donors group to gain access to that. Then once downgraded you can upgraded to any firmware you can find. There is also a list of older firmwares that you can download in that thread. I just did the same thing on my UN60F6350 tv that i bought in Nov 2013. I think my original firmware was 1200.
asbls
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by asbls »

Thanks for the response! I see your original thread, I too feel like a dummy for randomly deciding to run the software update on my awesome TV after years of not having a single problem with it.

How do I join the donors group, just PM the leader? I don't see a request button like the FAQ indicates.

Thanks again for the reply! Has your TV returned to full functionality with the replaced firmware?

[edit] Ah, I see the donor instructions on the top level.
tuffguy721
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by tuffguy721 »

I did get it working the way it was supposed to or at least the way it was before the upgrade. The first firmware i downgraded to was 1116 and my videos were working but Netflix was not working for me. The only things i really use this tv for is netflix and usb videos. But once i ugpraded from 1116 to 1200 everything was good again. However i also got rid of the root.

Return to “[F] Support”