My 11y.o. did the unthinkable - yes, the service menu

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

uscnurse97

My 11y.o. did the unthinkable - yes, the service menu

Post by uscnurse97 »

Single mom here. My overzealous 11 year old accessed the service menu on my Samsung Smart TV and the HDMI ports (1 and 2 specifically) are messed up. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: It's an F6300 series - UN40F6300AF. The warranty has already run out, so any help would be appreciated. Are there screen shots of what the settings should be? I'm fairly tech savvy and could possibly follow those???? If this is such a taboo area, it sure was easy for him to access it.

Let me apologize if this is not the correct posting place. I searched, but didn't see anything related. If someone else has links, I'll be glad to do the legwork. If no help is available, where can I take it to be fixed? My zip code is 29072.

Thank you for any help!

Beth
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: My 11y.o. did the unthinkable - yes, the service menu

Post by juusso »

what do you mean with "hdmi ports are messed up". Did they dissapear?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
uscnurse97

Post by uscnurse97 »

This has been such a hassle. I've been on the phone with Samsung multiple times with no luck. Apparently there is no servicer in my area. I understand it will be at my expense ( or my 11 year olds allowance). Should I try Geek Squad?

Anyway, when the cable is plugged into HDMI1 (the chain is unlinked and not lit up), HDMI2 is lit up and the chain is linked. If I plug the cable into HDMI 2, then HDMI4/DVI lights up and the chain is linked. I plugged the cable into HDMI4/DVI and it says HDMI1 on the TV. After all that, it's not detecting a signal.

See pic of what area I think he accessed....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

We just need same sm setting window values from similar tv. Better same model (screen size does matter), but worth to check only F6 series. I think its easy fixable issue :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
uscnurse97

Post by uscnurse97 »

Update: Does anyone have a similar tv that they can take a pic of this screen? I can tell you how to get there. I changed the "path type" to ABCD and the tv works now, but the HDMI ports on the back are still "confused" like mentioned in my post above. Please, please, please someone help me!
markf

Post by markf »

My is a 40F6400 and the picture with settings attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TV: Samsung UN49K6500
bubbaganoush

Post by bubbaganoush »

Do you still need this? I have a UN55F6300. Same model but different screen size.

If so then tell me how to get to the menu you need.

Return to “[F] Support”