Lost all apps in smarthub

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

kcgsimpson
SamyGO Project Donor

Lost all apps in smarthub

Post by kcgsimpson »

I lost all apps in smarthub bar the web app. Tried factory reset and also resetting the smarthub. also tried changing regions on smart hub to see if it would download region specific apps.

when going into smart hub the quick laucnh icons have the apps displayed but the main smart hub app has nothing, not even the samsung app installer. Not tinkered with anything. was on 2117 and even tried updating firmware to latest.

when i try and access the apps via the quick launch the tv hangs. the odd thing is that games will work.

Any ideas. im thinking it maybe a hardware issue.

its a UE40F6500

thanks
WulkanOS
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Lost all apps in smarthub

Post by WulkanOS »

I’ve same problem.
Somebody had any idea ?
noname
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noname »

Me too.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Should be asked to Samsung official support.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
noname
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noname »

I had the same problem. tried resetting several timnes via several ways. no joy. Samsung support did exactly the same. So i did change country code for smart hub, no success but after few days after trying again and changing to US, apps show up. I'm only bothered about you tube so I left on us apps. However after turning tv off and on I can't access apps from recent bar-smart hub being upadted. Anyone having this issue?
bj1

Post by bj1 »

Fixed Did SM apps reset twice. Then SM Factory reset. Restored all settings same before.
Hint Take photos before on ALL settings, save TV channels exported to USB Before any resetting using SM.
After Factory Restore Turn on TV using Remote. Then restore settings via MENU in all options to restore back to as before. Select Smart Hub. ALL apps will be available. Now can edit my apps adding new from Samsung app, deleteing ones not required, move popular ones to first position, next etc.
Download and install YouTube. You test YouTube should work correctly even logon to get back favourite channels. When finished restore back to Smart Hub Screen All your apps should be there as just arranged. Turned off TV via remote to standby mode ONLY. DO NOT SWITCH OFF POWER AT THIS TIME.
Using remote power up again. Select Smart Hub. Finally ALL APPS are still there as before. Test some should all be working. I did allow apps to undated as required. Also still allow firmware upgrades. My TV is the latest version 2137.1. But I have Logged on to Samsung Yet. Not required to update apps to latest. After several hours of using the TV off air, using Youtube watching lots of videos. ALL GOOD so far. Then Turned TV off firstly via Remote to Standby. Then Total power off via Mains switch.
Then restored power to TV, then via remote TV active. SURPRISE ALL APPS still there. Working as per normal. I have been using Smart Hub for a few days now. ALL GOOD.
I can power down TV via Mains not having to put in Standby first. Power on and off and still APPS STILL THERE. Amazing. After years of failure. NOW BACK TO NORMAL.
Even Samsung Support could not fix it remotely. I have reported the problem to the Support Manager, after basic, Level 2 Support failed. I was told Support that problem has existed for about 2 years, NO FIX in ALL updates provided so far. Told them to investigate, trial test, then release the patch. Get feedback from users. Then final release to ALL. IS CORRECT WAY TO SOLVE THE ISSUE ONCE AND FOR ALL. Told him there are heaps of Forums around reporting the Problem and not fixed yet. Very POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. Was promised Samsung will fix it. We will see.
I did my procedure a couple of times over a few days. STILL APPEARS TO HAVE FIXED IT. Cheers

Return to “[F] Support”