UE46F6400 Splashscreen and then black screen

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

superscott

UE46F6400 Splashscreen and then black screen

Post by superscott »

Hi,

I ve got an UE46F6400 samsung tv. I made an firmware update :oops: . Everything work's fine, progress bar go to 100% and tv restart.
The splashscreen(samsung logo) appears, after that the 4 colors icons, and when It should switch to the menu I've only black screen. I still have sound, and when I press menu from my remote control, I can hear the menu is open.
The main question is what can I do?
I don't know if it's an firmware problem or an hardware.

I try different things.
I switch on my decoder, I've sound but no image (normal, the screen is black)
I touch the screen in order to see if there was light. Yes. I don't think it's hardware cause I can have the samsung logo on the tv.
I get the last firmware on an usb key, and I try to install it by doing (menu, down, enter, down, down, down, enter ...). But not working. Maybe I didn't go to the correct menu.

I spoke to a samsung guy who tell me to contact a samsung repair service and pay maybe 500 bucks in order to replace all part of the tv. For this price, I can buy a new one.

Any help is welcome. thanks
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE46F6400 Splashscreen and then black screen

Post by juusso »

Take spotlight and you will see your LCD backlight is off.

Your next steps are:
-enter service menu
-do factory reset

Or
-do eeprom reset (search forum/wiki)
-set proper model/type values.

I think your issue is only service menu settings related. Not hardware.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
superscott

Post by superscott »

Ok, I fix it,

I do the following things.
Unmount the tv, and then do the eeprom reset. I place a cable between the 2 hole to do always the reset.
Then I power on the tv. After 20 seconds, I got the message , please set local settings font... in the service menu. Then I press menu on the remote and the menu appear normally (for me it was a huge step, the screen was up for more than 10 seconds!). In the menu, I go to support => Update. I just have to configure the internet connection. And then the tv update itself. I wait and after a few minutes the tv restarted. I unplag my cable to stop resetting the eeprom.
And now the tv work normally.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Hope this could help someone one time
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Re: RE: Re: UE46F6400 Splashscreen and then black screen

Post by juusso »

Superb :)
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
noname
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by noname »

Hello. Just completed rooting and downgrade. Had to perform eeprom reset-seccussfully! I downgrade it from newest avaliable soft in UK which is 2126 to 1119. After picture back on I want to disable OTN upgrade - and suprise - it was disabled by default. Now I can't use any apps in smart hub- got message that smart hub being updated. When I try to acces youtube from smart hub, not from pop out on the bottom of the screen screen goes black and tv being unresponsive for few seconds. Anybody know how to get it back to normal? Changing country code doesn't help.

Return to “[F] Support”