Need help with my Samsung LED 32 Inch - Smart TV - UA32F5500

Here for general support for F series TVs, request and problem solve area.

vinayarora

Need help with my Samsung LED 32 Inch - Smart TV - UA32F5500

Post by vinayarora »

I am having a problem of TV not switching ON. I have read various posts on
Here are my observations.

1. It will sense all IR codes from remote as can be seen from the power LED sensing these and blinks

2. When switched ON the power LED blinks 5 times and then goes away. I can switch off using remote and again power LED will blink 5 times when switched ON again.

3. Even though there is no display I can see the TV is working and getting connecting to my Wifi Router. I can ping the IP address of the TV. Switching off the PC aborts the ping so definitely it is a working TV and just not showing anything on the display.

4. Another symptom that TV is working fine except the display section is that I can see the TV for video stream to TV from my IPAD or Android phone. It even connects that as confirmed on my android phone.

5. I can hear some clicking noise when pressing the volume up/down keys on the remote.

Hope some technician can pickup my request and help me troubleshoot. I am from India so my responses will be during my time zones.

I can possibly try to open the TV and get the board ID and models for the supply and logic boards but that can happen tomorrow only.
vinayarora

Re: Need help with my Samsung LED 32 Inch - Smart TV - UA32F

Post by vinayarora »

I have done some further troubleshooting and figured out that the main board is working fine and only back light inverter is not working.
I tried the flashlight test and I can see the menus on the TV in dark. Also the sound is coming fine.

The power supply PCB is Model: "L32SG_DPN" and part code is "BN44-00605B"

I noticed that details about "BN44-00605A" are available easily.

Can some one guide me to troubleshoot the problem further on how to identify the faulty part in the power supply section?

Thanks
Vinay
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

did you change some service menu setting and after this backlight stopped to work? Usually this happen after model/type change.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
vinayarora

Post by vinayarora »

juuso wrote:did you change some service menu setting and after this backlight stopped to work? Usually this happen after model/type change.
No I have not changed any setting in service menu.
I would have taken out the HDMI input cable when the TV was powered ON.
Can this damage anything?

How can I troubleshoot the back light inverter problem further?

Thanks
Vinay Arora
rabbit2kk

Re: Need help with my Samsung LED 32 Inch - Smart TV - UA32F5500

Post by rabbit2kk »

Power Supply BN44-00605B LED-Blinking Problem.
I changed R909(43K) to 10K. So it works fine No LED blinking. R909 (43K) was checked it's good but not work.

Before Changing R909 is 43K and i measure IC SLC1012C at Pin 13 "OVP" is 2.98 Volts.Follow IC Datasheet is"Over-voltage protection input pin. Output voltage of the boost circuit is connected to this pin through a resistor divider circuit. If this pin voltage is higher than 3V, OVP is triggered".

After Changed R909 to 10K and checked at Pin 13 "OVP" is 0.7 volts so this pin is below 3 volts.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dexterouslibran

Post by dexterouslibran »

Hi Vinay and everyone on this thread.
I am facing same issue on my TV UA32F5500ARMXL.
Suddenly one day TV is not turning On and Remote LED Sensor blinks 5 times on turning on.

Samsung Service expert is saying Screen needs to be replaces and will cost Rs. 18000.
I am sure it should not cost that much and the problem can be solved by replacing a smaller thing than the whole screen.

Please let me know how to get this fixed with lesser cost.

Thanks so much
rabbit2kk

Post by rabbit2kk »

After I turned on TV and remote led sensor blinking 5times. Backlight does not work .I found one bad led bulb and power supply is ok. it's open circuit. So I shorted circuit of a bad led bulb. it's work again. I don't have spare led bulbs and Bulb Led can be found at a TV repair shop . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEJoPCa7Kt0 (How to test led bulbs)
smkvoip

Post by smkvoip »

I have exactly the same situation with my Samsung Smart TV, which is bought 5 days ago.. :-(

1. It will sense all IR codes from remote as can be seen from the power LED sensing these and blinks

2. When switched ON the power LED blinks 5 times and then goes away. I can switch off using remote and again power LED will blink 5 times when switched ON again.

3. Even though there is no display I can see the TV is working and getting connecting to my Wifi Router. I can ping the IP address of the TV. Switching off the PC aborts the ping so definitely it is a working TV and just not showing anything on the display.

4. Another symptom that TV is working fine except the display section is that I can see the TV for video stream to TV from my IPAD or Android phone. It even connects that as confirmed on my android phone.

5. I can hear some clicking noise when pressing the volume up/down keys on the remote.

Please anyone guide me what to do, because I bought it from the used items shop and it has no warranty just of the not repaired..
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

You might can use spotlight if here are some OSD visible?
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
JasonD

Post by JasonD »

I have the same problem with my 5YEAR old smart led tv UA32 F5500AR with power supply BN44-00605B. The TV won't go on and I heard a popping sound. And as I checked the ceramic capacitor CM803 is blown and I don't know what's the value of that capacitor. Blue colored ceramic capacitor near the heatsink on the hot side. I saw many sellers of almost the same power supply but it's BN44-00605A (sells cheap online) and the schematics are found easily. BN44-00605A is also used in the UA32F5500 line up models of Samsung.

1. Will this BN44-00605A can REPLACE the BN44-00605B. As I checked their outputs are all the same except for the LED DRIVER output which is few volts higher(BN44-00605B 153VOLTS) (BN44-000605A 160volts).
2. Value of CM803 CERAMIC CAPACITOR?

The pin outs of the LED power connector and the logic board connector are the same. Except pin 7,8,13,14 BN44-00605A is labeled NC(NO CONNECTION); in BN54-00605B it's RE PIN (RESERVE PIN). WHICH is not used pin I suppose.

Return to “[F] Support”