1. You need to get an armel version for it which I doubt they provide
2. Assuming you have all the libraries it needs (in a chroot for example), it needs to display a window and allow you to control it which requires an X11 server
3. Assuming that torrent downloading is fast enough for streaming, you will need a way to play back content. Popcorn Time comes with its own video player which on ARM does video decoding and video rendering in software. This means that videos will be choppy as hell. It could use an external player, but I don't know how you could interface with Samsung's video player.
So -it's very unlikely it would work on Samsung TVs.
But you could run it on a cheap tablet that has hdmi out to the tv. Much simpler and painless.
samsung TV have X11 server in it. You can check. And I told you this a long time ago https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?p=77501#p77501
and you can check this https://forum.samygo.tv/viewtopic.php?t=5992
Code: Select all
306 root 0:01 /mtd_appdata/Runtime/bin/X -logfile /mtd_rwarea/Xlog.txt -modulepath /mtd_appdata/Runtime/XorgLibs -config /mtd_appdata/Runtime/bin/xorg.conf
I'm created a working torrent downloader and player earlier for my ue32f5500aw (armv7). I will search it and upload it if you need this.
The method i used:
1. I'm Created a standard application for the tv. This is handling the playback and remote commands.
2. I'm cross-compiled node.js for armv7. This is use peerflix module to download any torrent to an attached flash drive and stream the video for the app or any local player.
View it in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMyirEOTVc
Sorry but i'm very busy at this time.
This is the download link for my SlimFlixTorrent test package:
You can find Readme.txt inside the archive.
A little self-promotion:
Try my other stuffs, like the one below.
SlimCast Chrome Extension
View Movies and TV shows on your Samsung Smart TV D, E, F and H series safely with my Chrome Extension and Samsung App.
Supported video hosting providers: Vidto.me, Vidzi.tv, Vidlox.tv, Rapidvideo.ws, Kingvid.tv, Vidoza.net, Vidtodo.com, Vshare.eu, Streamcloud.eu, Gamovideo.com, Grifthost.com, Faststream.ws, Raptu.com, Speedvid.net, Gorillavid.in
I'm wrote it because Samsung DLNA not support seeking and subtitles. My app support both.
Little YouTube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEU4GZyoBq0
I will release a new torrent app for F series ARM soon.
- Popcorn-time api to get info and torrent.
- Use cross-compiled libtorrent and python code to download and stream videos.
(Node.js is resource hungry and not as stable as python.)