[SOLVED!!!] EPG for whole channel list! 02/02/2015!!!

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

[SOLVED!!!] EPG for whole channel list! 02/02/2015!!!

Post by juusso »

Image Stay tuned, we have it finally! viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6521&start=10#p69953 :) 02/02/2015

Problem is well described here.
unawave wrote:Background:
After wake up of Samsung TV EPG is always empty. So I have to switch through the channels to fill EPG. I only need to call some few channels because many programs on same transponder offer the EPG data for a range of channels.

I have tested a remote LAN script with "ruSamsungTVCommunicator" and it works fine.

Code: Select all

KEY_MUTE,KEY_1,KEY_ENTER,KEY_SLEEP,KEY_2,KEY_ENTER,KEY_SLEEP,KEY_SLEEP,KEY_9,KEY_ENTER ?
We have had an old topic for B series: Saving EPG when turning off and i can say, we haven`t found any solution until now. What makes me sad, that you can get EPG just only for one piece of channels (e.g 1-7) and if you want to check next "what`s going on TV" for channels 8-up to end of your channel list, you have to walk trough those channels first.

Is here a way to get EPG for all channels (patch or app?). IIRC here is even no information about where EPG is stored at all and how it works.

Project actual for all Samsung TV series, not only for F. If we found solution for at least one series, then porting shouldn`t be so hard nut.

LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: EPG for whole channel list?

Post by bugficks »

on F there are quite a few EPG functions exported from exeTV and exeAPP that i can tell :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

i haven`t found any file or database containing EPG. Maybe it is encrypted? This could be good start to know where and how it is stored on TV.
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

bugficks
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by bugficks »

no idea:)
i have eepgbcg.dat and eepgbcg.datb in /mtd_rwarea. both empty though. im using an external STB as long as theirs no oscam available for TV :)
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Have focused on interesting function, have a look at
_ZN7CEpgApp23m_ReturnToOriginChannelEv
It calls other stuff when triggered:

<...> 
_ZN11EpgUtilBase14GetCurrentTvChEP9TCChannel
<...>
 _ZN11EpgUtilBase15GetStartChannelEv
<...>
the _ZN11EpgUtilBase15GetStartChannelEv is what i have talked about: on channel change it checks for EPG stuff.
SpoilerShow
Untitled.png
SpoilerShow
Untitled.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Researching around:

CEpgApp::t_OnEvent(PTEvent  const*)
.text:018DB978             EXPORT _ZN7CEpgApp9t_OnEventEPK7PTEvent
.text:018DB978             _ZN7CEpgApp9t_OnEventEPK7PTEvent
I think i`m lucky:

.text:018DBB7C 12 14 00 EB                 BL              _ZN12CEpgFullMain13DynamicUpdateEv ; CEpgFullMain::DynamicUpdate(void)
<...>
.text:018DBBFC 89 95 00 EB                 BL              _ZN10CEpgPVMain17UpdateProgramInfoEv ; CEpgPVMain::UpdateProgramInfo(void)
Edit: have tried to call those (and other too) functions w/o result - some of them crashed exeDSP, some - no changes at all.

ocean
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ocean »

as you're looking for epg functions: Is there any way to change the way of sorting channels of favorite list in epg to channel numbers and not alphabetic as it is on ES-series??
Samsung UE32D6510 (downgraded to T-GASDEUC-1016.0) with "SamyGO Hospitality mode hack" running
Samsung UE46ES6710 ( T-MST10PDEUC-2004) with SamyGo running
superb1

Post by superb1 »

Is this true new F series doesn't hold epg data? Could someone please shed some light on how well the epg operates from a user point of view? I currently have E series and going to upgrade because Freeview addon guide is slow and causes tv to be slow on boot and sometimes black screens (dad the tv is broken) It does though cache epg data. Was going to upgrade via Evolution Kit for speed and better guide... as samsung apparently dropped this feature because of above problems yet don't fix it either
superb1

Post by superb1 »

I think at this present stage, It may be easier to develop a epg widget which downloads and caches data from internet and bind it to guide remote button
lizardking

Post by lizardking »

What about using sources like XMLTV for loading EPG data from internet?
Or scanning the transponders with a second tuner in the background during watching TV?

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”