How to mount CIFS/SAMBA share to Smart TV

Ideas and dreaming will go this forum

juve134

How to mount CIFS/SAMBA share to Smart TV

Post by juve134 »

Hallo,

I'm trying to mount my NAS(with CIFS share) to my Samsung Smart TV UE55F7000SL (v. 1116). I have installed SamyGo widget and have ftp and telnet access to TV I followed steps from this link http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Mounti ... ypass_DLNA . I put this files(dummy_hcd.ko, g_file_storage.ko, cifs.ko (for B series, I could not find these files for F series)) into the folder /mtd_rwarea.

Now, with telnet I run:
insmod /mtd_rwarea/dummy_hcd.ko
insmod /mtd_rwarea/g_file_storage.ko
insmod /mtd_rwarea/cifs.ko

mount -o user=***,password=*** -t cifs //192.168.*.*/videos /dtv/usb/sda4/Media (/dtv/usb/sda4/Media folder exists).

But it does not seem to be mounted...
What did I do wrong?

Please help me to make it work.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: How to mount CIFS/SAMBA share to Smart TV

Post by sectroyer »

juve134 wrote:Hallo,

I'm trying to mount my NAS(with CIFS share) to my Samsung Smart TV UE55F7000SL (v. 1116). I have installed SamyGo widget and have ftp and telnet access to TV I followed steps from this link http://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php5/Mounti ... ypass_DLNA . I put this files(dummy_hcd.ko, g_file_storage.ko, cifs.ko (for B series, I could not find these files for F series)) into the folder /mtd_rwarea.

Now, with telnet I run:
insmod /mtd_rwarea/dummy_hcd.ko
insmod /mtd_rwarea/g_file_storage.ko
insmod /mtd_rwarea/cifs.ko

mount -o user=***,password=*** -t cifs //192.168.*.*/videos /dtv/usb/sda4/Media (/dtv/usb/sda4/Media folder exists).

But it does not seem to be mounted...
What did I do wrong?

Please help me to make it work.
running dmesg | tail
woud tell you that you cannot mount " //192.168.*.*/videos " :) Especially the "*.*" :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

B modules are well inserted!? Of course they're wrong for use on F and you couldn't find the right ones because they're simply included in SamyGO. FYI dummy_hcd and g_file_storage are used to handle a virtual device so you don't need them since you want to mount your shares on a physical device.
Anyway, no need to insmod anything manually, just use intended samba startup script (/mnt/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init) and set the right values on top of it.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juve134

Post by juve134 »

zoelechat wrote:B modules are well inserted!? Of course they're wrong for use on F and you couldn't find the right ones because they're simply included in SamyGO. FYI dummy_hcd and g_file_storage are used to handle a virtual device so you don't need them since you want to mount your shares on a physical device.
Anyway, no need to insmod anything manually, just use intended samba startup script (/mnt/etc/init.d/04_04_samba.init) and set the right values on top of it.
Thank you for quick replay!
/mnt folder is empty . (04_04_samba.init also not exists in folders /mtd_dows/widgets/...., /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/.....). Will it work if I create necessary folders and startup script?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

juve134 wrote:/mnt folder is empty . (04_04_samba.init also not exists in folders /mtd_dows/widgets/...., /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/.....). Will it work if I create necessary folders and startup script?
Not only scripts are needed, but modules, commands and so on (almost everything mandatory which should be in /mnt if ext4.img from widget was mounted correctly). Better reinstall SamyGo in my opinion (and don't touch anything in /mtd_rwcommon :ugeek: )
juve134

Post by juve134 »

zoelechat wrote: Not only scripts are needed, but modules, commands and so on (almost everything mandatory which should be in /mnt if ext4.img from widget was mounted correctly). Better reinstall SamyGo in my opinion (and don't touch anything in /mtd_rwcommon :ugeek: )
I reinstalled it multiple times, those files does not exist... I have installed SamuGo from usb, like here described viewtopic.php?t=5859. Yes I understand it is for E series, but that was only way I could make SamyGo run on tv... "Normal" samygo installation from local webserver(like here described viewtopic.php?f=64&t=6239) was not successful - after app sync and run, samygo prints message step1 ok step2 ok, but there is still no ftp/telnet access to tv.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

SamyGo-E will never work on F, you're already lucky to have gained (minimal) root using it. You have to install SamyGo-F:
viewtopic.php?f=63&t=6778
Seeing all unsuitable crap you already installed, I'd advise you to do a smarthub reset before trying...
andbir
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by andbir »

and all mounts are done on /dtv/usb/sdxxxx not in /mnt/xxxxx

Return to “[F] Brainstorm”