[SOLVED] Guide to record to a network share for H series?

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

[SOLVED] Guide to record to a network share for H series?

Post by mad_ady »

You can skip ahead for the actual script/guide/instructions: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=10045&p=104710#p104710

----- Original Post ------

Hello all, and a happy new year!

I was looking around for a guide to enable recording on a network share for a rooted H series TV (H6400, 2130 firmware), but I can't find it anymore. I tried the 80_80_record_to_nwshare.init script that comes with SamyGO, but it fails:

Code: Select all

/mnt/etc/init.d # /mnt # showmount -e 192.168.1.5 | grep TVRec
/DataVolume/TVRecordings *
/mnt/etc/init.d # sh -x 80_80_record_to_nwshare.init start
+ . /dtv/SGO.env
+ SYSROOT=/mnt
+ MOUNT_PATH=/dtv/usb/sdc
+ export USER_FIRMWARE=MST14
+ export KMOD_VER=0128
+ export MOD_DIR=/mnt/lib/modules/3.8.13
+ export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/usr/lib/:/tmp/bin:
+ export MC_DATADIR=/mnt/mc
+ export TERMINFO=/mnt/etc/terminfo
+ export TERM=xterm-color
+ export TMPDIR=/dtv
+ export HOME=/mtd_rwcommon
+ export SMB_CONF_PATH=/mnt/etc/samba/smb.conf
+ LOGFILE=/mnt/samygo.log
+ LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/mnt/opt/privateer/lib:/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/lib:/mnt/lib:/mnt/usr/lib:/mnt/usr/lib/:/tmp/bin:
+ PATH=/mnt/opt/privateer/sbin:/mnt/opt/privateer/bin:/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/bin:/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/sbin:/mnt/sbin:/mnt/bin:/mnt/usr/bin:/mnt/usr/sbin:/tmp/bin:/dtv/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/bin:/sbin:/etc/Scripts:/util:/mtd_exe/nodejs/nodeEngine:/mtd_rwcommon/nodejs/wasp-framework:/mtd_exe/vdlm:/mtd_appdata/Runtime/bin:/mtd_exe/vdlm
+ export ENV=/dtv/.ashrc
+ export FRAMEBUFFER=/dev/sam/fb0
+ export DISTROOT=/mnt/opt/privateer
+ export LIBSO_DIR=/mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso
+ export TERM=linux
+ export LS_OPTIONS=--color=auto
+ export TZ=GMT-1
+ PVRSERVER=192.168.1.5
+ PVRPATH=/DataVolume/TVRecordings
+ M_OPTS=vers=3,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=5,proto=tcp,soft,nolock
+ WAIT=25
+ echo
+ WriteToLog Start Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init) 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=20151231-175548
+ echo  20151231-175548 Start Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init)
+ CheckNFSServer 192.168.1.5
+ WriteToLog Check if server 192.168.1.5 is reachable and NFS service available... 1 -n
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=20151231-175548
+ echo -n 20151231-175548 Check if server 192.168.1.5 is reachable and NFS service available...
+ showmount --no-header -e 192.168.1.5
+ [ 0 = 0 ]
+ WriteToLog OK 2
+ echo  OK
+ return 0
+ [ 0 = 0 ]
+ SearchPVRImageMP
+ FOUND=false
+ WriteToLog Search for mount point of pvrimage... 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=20151231-175548
+ echo  20151231-175548 Search for mount point of pvrimage...
+ sleep 25
+ echo
+ [ false = true ]
+ echo No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
+ WriteToLog No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=20151231-175613
+ echo  20151231-175613 No virtual device found ready for PVR or already mounted
+ WriteToLog End Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init) 1
+ date +%Y%m%d-%H%M%S
+ NOW=20151231-175613
+ echo  20151231-175613 End Record to Network Share script (80_80_record_to_nwshare.init)

I'm not sure if this is the right way to do it, or if it's for an older TV series. If it's not the right way, can anyone kick me in the right direction?

<offtopic> I enabled mounting of NFS shares, and the experience was unbelievable compared to DLNA - I could see thumbnails for pictures and videos and I could see pictures and videos in the same folder! I was so happy I did the dance of joy...</offtopic>
Last edited by mad_ady on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Guide to record to a network share for H series?

Post by sectroyer »

NO :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Pretty please? Is at least PVR the right keyword to search for, or is it only for older series?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mad_ady wrote:Pretty please? Is at least PVR the right keyword to search for, or is it only for older series?
NO H Support :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Look at dedicated topics for C/ D series. You may need some adaptations of scripts, but i think everything is well explaned. Search on google samygo record to nfs share or PVR over NFS etc ...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Ok, thanks for the pointers. I thought it was possible since you have no problems emulating a usb device... I'll look into d series as well...
I thought it would at least work with usb gadget support pointing to an image file stored on a network share.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Im not experienced in H series, so i can not give you instructions. But for d series you need vusb init, modified for nwshare. It exists but disabled by default. Check
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mad_ady wrote:Ok, thanks for the pointers. I thought it was possible since you have no problems emulating a usb device... I'll look into d series as well...
I thought it would at least work with usb gadget support pointing to an image file stored on a network share.
NO :)
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

@sectroyer: I get it that's not working, but for instance - what's keeping me from keeping a small usb formatted as a network recording device and replace the CONTENT folder with a symlink to a network share? Or I could mount a share on top of the folder... If that works, why wouldn't vusb work?

I will try what I mentioned, but I'm low on time. I'm just trying to understand why it won't work...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

mad_ady wrote:@sectroyer: I get it that's not working, but for instance - what's keeping me from keeping a small usb formatted as a network recording device and replace the CONTENT folder with a symlink to a network share? Or I could mount a share on top of the folder... If that works, why wouldn't vusb work?

I will try what I mentioned, but I'm low on time. I'm just trying to understand why it won't work...
This WILL work. But you will be able to record ONLY "small usb size" of recordings :)

Return to “[H] General”