Skype app will not be available

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Skype app will not be available

Post by sectroyer »

BSS360 wrote: Of course not! But at this stage to block or not auto update will resolve nothing... skype is not on the tv anymore. But i keep your advice and once h installer will be released, i'll block all auto update from Samsung
I see how good you think about it all :) Okay than I PROMISE you that "once h installer will be released" it will NOT work for anybody who did NOT block updates BEFORE it was released :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
BSS360

Post by BSS360 »

sectroyer wrote:
BSS360 wrote: Of course not! But at this stage to block or not auto update will resolve nothing... skype is not on the tv anymore. But i keep your advice and once h installer will be released, i'll block all auto update from Samsung
I see how good you think about it all :) Okay than I PROMISE you that "once h installer will be released" it will NOT work for anybody who did NOT block updates BEFORE it was released :)
For my understanding, can you explain why?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Easy to understand: update server send "uninstall Skype" order to TV. That's already how/why you lost it.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:Easy to understand: update server send "uninstall Skype" order to TV. That's already how/why you lost it.
He wants it to be uninstalled again :) :lol:
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
BSS360

Post by BSS360 »

sectroyer wrote:
zoelechat wrote:Easy to understand: update server send "uninstall Skype" order to TV. That's already how/why you lost it.
He wants it to be uninstalled again :) :lol:
Ok understood. Everything is blocked now. But we are still waiting installer for H series to get skype again and i hope forever.
mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

BSS360 wrote: Ok understood. Everything is blocked now. But we are still waiting installer for H series to get skype again and i hope forever.
Personal message for you.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
andrii

Post by andrii »

mihd
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mihd »

andrii wrote:Already have Skype for H Series http://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=62:22425:415#415
Not tested.
Why do you distribute the link? :evil:
When the time comes, I'll lay out.
TV: Samsung UE40F6330AK (FW: T-MST12DEUC-1119.0 2014-02-22 / SamyGO) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (TOSHIBA MQ01ABD1);
TV: Philips 26PF4311 + Cable TV Receiver LATEL LC-808HD (with NFS client, DLNA - n/a, Samba - n/a);
Router: Netgear WNDR3800 (FW: OpenWrt Attitude Adjustment 12.09-beta2) + HDD 1Tb 2,5" (SEAGATE Expansion STBX1000201) (with NFS,DLNA and Samba servers).
fluffi444
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by fluffi444 »

mihd wrote:Why do you distribute the link? :evil:
Even for test its usefull that some at SamyGO may also help.
The topic at http://forum.ixbt.com/ is same open as this one here at SamyGO.

Anyway - The Skype stuff is now completely open and we should handle it like this.
Beside the support - This is 100% for you ;)
TV: UE40ES7000 @ UE40ES8090 - T-ECPDEUC-2022.0 // SamyGO
CI+: Unicam EVO 4 with HD+ (HD02) @ Pacific 4.60
NET: Samba: PC

Return to “[H] General”