Skype app will not be available

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Skype app will not be available

Post by sectroyer »

Deafmobil wrote:I have Samsung UE-46ES6300.
No List your Signature
I see so you believe I have to list EVERY FUCKING MODEL for you to even check if work or not ? :) Why NOT simply check and disable ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
schaschix

Post by schaschix »

yes, my C-series tv is also not listed in the signature-link.
ue46C8700 with T-VALDEUC_3005.1.exe -firmware
possble to add/edit in "REMEMBER TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES (OTN Support)!!!! Click me!"
regards
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by 6670 »

sorry, I don't understand. But to block the Skype uninstall simply block the updates?
This also applies to the series h?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

schaschix wrote: possble to add/edit in "REMEMBER TO DISABLE AUTOMATIC UPDATES (OTN Support)!!!! Click me!"
No. There are ONLY SAMPLE models. methods are for C/D/E/F/H EVERY MODEL :)
6670 wrote:sorry, I don't understand.
Yes
6670 wrote: This also applies to the series h?
Yes
6670 wrote:... to block the Skype uninstall simply block the updates?
Depends what you mean ? You want Skype to work or not ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by 6670 »

on the series H with root are already disable updates. So do not just delete Skype?
If I do not have root, but blocking updates, I will continue to use Skype? no?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

6670 wrote:on the series H with root are already disable updates.
Rooting does NOT "disable updates"!!! You should set OTN Support to OFF ASAP!!!
6670 wrote:If I do not have root, but blocking updates, I will continue to use Skype? no?
No :) Skype will AT BEST load and say it's disabled now :) It does NOT work without Samsung servers :)
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

Small update in preparation for the imminent Skype shutdown. I cut off my TV from the internet from my router (drop all outgoing traffic before NAT) and tested my Skype root. The good news is that Skype root works even when the TV is not connected to the internet! The bad news is, of course that you can't access internet content from your TV. Samsung Hub "works", meaning it displays cached information (e.g. TED app loads but doesn't show any content). It might be possible to use apps which have offline content.
I'm going to keep my TV off the internet for a while until we can see what happens when Samsung pulls the plug. The benefit is I can have control over my TV via ssh and also access local content in my LAN via NFS and unencrypted recordings, but I lose "play to youtube", which was the only feature I was actually using.
Hope this helps other which want to keep skype root and don't have anything to lose.
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by notengo13 »

skyperoot still working for me. will see at the morning
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
hu8200
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by hu8200 »

skyperoot still working :)
mackowiakp

Post by mackowiakp »

Wait for the end of the day....
WARNING ! The administrator has the right to refuse to install WINDOWS, invoking the conscience clause !

Return to “[H] General”