Which root method is recommended?

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

ZGod

Which root method is recommended?

Post by ZGod »

Hi, I understand that the development of rooting H models is finalized now, but the wiki hasn't been updated yet: https://wiki.samygo.tv/index.php?title= ... _series_TV

There appear to be several methods and it's unclear to me if there is one which is recommended.
I always kept the firmware on my H5570 at version 2130. Other than that I just installed some games and other widgets.

Is development indeed finalized? Which method would be recommended to try first? Thanks in advance!
SirVival
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: Which root method is recommended?

Post by SirVival »

I testet "Skype replacement" root and "Network" root on H6270 MST 2130.

Skype replacement root start faster and no usb stick must be constantly on the TV.
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

Thanks, if there are no other differences, I guess the "Skype replacement" root is the best way to go then.
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

I've been reading through the posts. It seems that sectroyer strongly recommends avoiding the "Skype replacement" root as it puts things on the small internal storage. I understand that the "Skype refuled" root should still work even though it refers to instructions in a topic which has "[ENDED}" in the subject now. Also the initial instructions can't be followed ("Install Skype", etc.), but I guess the files provided in the "Skype refuled" topic provide a modified Skype version which would replace the need for those initial steps.

Having the SamyGO files on USB storage would help with keeping things stable in case there are problems as the USB drive can be removed and the TV will run without root.

I'd be glad if someone could confirm this. Thanks in advance!

Return to “[H] General”