UE50H6200 Channels not in correct order

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

cakerack

UE50H6200 Channels not in correct order

Post by cakerack »

Hi All

So - I have a Samsung UE50H6200 and the original problem was that the TV simply wouldn't power on. So I have a new main board for this now and it now works - ALMOST perfectly.

The first issue I had when I switched it on was the screen was upside down AND mirrored. I managed to get the orientation right be selecting a different option in the Service Menu - Type field. Not sure if this was by accident or not but the orientation is now correct. It is now set to 50D6AF0V - bear this in mind in case it is related to the next issue :-)

The only other issue I have is when I am going through the setup, I don't have the option to select United Kingdom and as a result, all the channels it finds are in alphabetical order. After a bit of research I suspect the board came out of a TV from Hungary? So my question is, is it a case of re-flashing with a software version for the UK? Or is it possibly related to the Type value above? I have been in the service menu, and the extended service menu and there were several options in the Region parameter but none of these seemed to reference the UK as a specific region.

I have tried the factory reset, and also the factory reset option within the service menu.

The firmware version I have on the board is T-MST14DEUC-2880.2

Any help much appreciated!

Sean
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: UE50H6200 Channels not in correct order

Post by zoelechat »

UK region is choosable only as soon as a DVB-T2 tuner type is selected (usually means: existing hw on mainboard).
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
kapiszon53
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by kapiszon53 »

How to check if my TV has DVB-T2? It decodes h265 without any problem
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Usually tuner type in service menu has "T2" somewhere in string. e.g. *TCS2* or *T2CS2*
Another way would be to check if you receive ALL aerial/terrestrial UK channels maybe.
T2=H265 is a wrong assertion, I think a bunch of UK DTT channels are currently T2/H264, but you should know better than me :P
cakerack

Post by cakerack »

So I checked my TV last night and the tuner type is set as S_T2C. I have no problem getting the channels tuned in (155 channels found) - its just they are literally in alphabetical order. One thing I saw in the service menu is Ch Table (I assume Channel Table?). This is set to None but there is nothing else in there that would suggest UK - would this be related?

Thanks

Sean
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

And that's how a guy ends in asking default service menu values :)
Country should only depend on local set and general setup. What is your current local set btw, if UK is not available? I guess should be EU_all or so.
cakerack

Post by cakerack »

When I go into Service Menu - MRT Option, I have Region which is set to PANEURO but it is greyed out. When I accessed the Extended service menu the other day, there were other options in here but I cant remember seeing UK. I can't get into that just yet as I had to install the app on my girlfriend's Galaxy S5 as my S7 doesn't have IR - and she is away for a couple of days so I'll have a look when she gets back and see what options are in there.

I can't see a Local Set option anywhere - but maybe this is in the extended menu?

Sean
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Of course, extended SM :)

EU_UK should be there in "Local Set" (not "Region"!)
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=10732&p=93633#p93623
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Just a doubt. Does any knows if the Samsung tv updates automatically the channell list according to provider ?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

If anything specific to provider (or country) is intended, sure.

Return to “[H] General”