UE46H7000 subtitle problem

General Forum talking area for H series TVs.

djidji77
SamyGO Project Donor

UE46H7000 subtitle problem

Post by djidji77 »

so, I have a new toy to play, but unfortunately I was dissapointed at first step! I have Synology DS2413+ NAS hooked to Asus RT-AC66 wireless router and when I try to watch a mkv movie file across the WiFi, there is no the subtitles on 46H7000! yes, the subitle have the same name as movie file, yes, the extension is srt and the worst thing is that when I copy the same movie file with subtitle on external USB HDD and hook that disk to the TV, the subtitles are displayed!?! also, I have some other TV sets and devices in my home, like PS64F8500, UE55D8000, UE32F6400 and PopCorn C-200, everything is WiFi connected and on that devices everything working fine.... only 46H7000 doesn't display the subtitles :oops:

any ideas will be appreciated.
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: UE46H7000 subtitle problem

Post by sectroyer »

djidji77 wrote:so, I have a new toy to play, but unfortunately I was dissapointed at first step! I have Synology DS2413+ NAS hooked to Asus RT-AC66 wireless router and when I try to watch a mkv movie file across the WiFi, there is no the subtitles on 46H7000! yes, the subitle have the same name as movie file, yes, the extension is srt and the worst thing is that when I copy the same movie file with subtitle on external USB HDD and hook that disk to the TV, the subtitles are displayed!?! also, I have some other TV sets and devices in my home, like PS64F8500, UE55D8000, UE32F6400 and PopCorn C-200, everything is WiFi connected and on that devices everything working fine.... only 46H7000 doesn't display the subtitles :oops:

any ideas will be appreciated.
Use srt subtitles files.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
djidji77
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by djidji77 »

well, I hope that you read carefully what I wrote, sir...
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

djidji77 wrote:well, I hope that you read carefully what I wrote, sir...
Then your server doesn't support samsung specific stuff. Try mediatomb. If that works it's the fault of your device :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
greenhorn
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by greenhorn »

minidlna works just fine...
TV: UE40F7000 - T-FXPDEUC-1115.0 - SamyGO Extensions on F series
TV: UE55ES7000S - T-ECPDEUC-2003.4 - SamyGO tool Right from USB - no develop account is needed
TV: UE40C6710 - T-VALDEUC 3011 - Hacking TV over Hotel mode (C650 T-VALDEUC-3009.2)
BD-Player: BD-E6100 - B-FIRBPEWWC 1063.3 - rooted, no more Cin@vi@
NAS: CIFS: MAG250 NFS: Playon!HD
nmamag

Post by nmamag »

Same problem with UE55H6500

I have 4 Samsung Tvs UE55H6500 and UE46C6000--UE32C6510--UE32D6530 connected to my local Synology Nas From all the old Tvs UE46C6000--UE32C6510--UE32D6530 I can see movies in mkv with external subs SRT . With the new Tv UE55H6500 I cant see external subs through Nas.
djidji77
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by djidji77 »

sectroyer wrote:
Then your server doesn't support samsung specific stuff. Try mediatomb. If that works it's the fault of your device :)
once again, I hope that you read carefully before posting an answer :) so, If you read it then you must see that I have in the same house, attached on the same Asus router, on the same Synology NAS, some others TV like UE55D8000, UE32F6400, PS64F8500 and everything works just fine exept that brand new shiny (shit) UE46H7000. also, I have the PopCorn C-200 in the sistem and there is the subtitles when I whach the files on it and there is the subtitles on that mentioned 3TV sets when I watch the files strored on internal PopCorn HDD but there is NO subtitles on UE46H7000 again! so, the final verdict is: new Samsung "H" series are crap!

p.s. sorry on bad words but Samsung now deserve that....for 1300? device, everything must be PERFECT!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

djidji77 wrote:
sectroyer wrote:
once again, I hope that you read carefully before posting an answer :) so, If you read it then you must see that I have in the same house, attached on the same Asus router, on the same Synology NAS, some others TV like UE55D8000, UE32F6400, PS64F8500 and everything works just fine exept that brand new shiny (shit) UE46H7000. also, I have the PopCorn C-200 in the sistem and there is the subtitles when I whach the files on it and there is the subtitles on that mentioned 3TV sets when I watch the files strored on internal PopCorn HDD but there is NO subtitles on UE46H7000 again! so, the final verdict is: new Samsung "H" series are crap!

p.s. sorry on bad words but Samsung now deserve that....for 1300? device, everything must be PERFECT!
Did you connect to other devices using DLNA/AllShare or SamyGO/samba?
djidji77
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by djidji77 »

DLNA

p.s. in the meantime ticketed to the Samsung support, get visited by Samsung technician who doesn't know almost nothing, next day visited by manager of local Samsung branch office and he knows a little more than nothing.... got promise about "puting the problem on higher level" and thats all...sadly, very sadly....but OK, no more Samsung trash for me :mrgreen:
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

If you won't provide any details no one will be able to help you:)

Return to “[H] General”