[App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

adonis
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by adonis » Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm

zoelechat wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
I developed lib first on E and I'm able to confirm all RAW/BMP -as well as all other- features are working there.
Ok, so maybe E/H series works well with RAW/BMP, and F is the only issue-maker here :-)
zoelechat wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
Actually I had stopped at a point where everybody (=all concerned series) were able to make at least some screenshot using one of proposed methods, and in no way I ever intended lib for any "realtime" usage: it's likely that there are smarter ways to do for that purpose.
I've had it running and no problem with real-time or whatsoever... So, you did a great pre-job here ;-)

Allodo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by Allodo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:56 am

@adonis

Code: Select all

You can ajust the pixel direction in the libAmbilight params.
My LED-Stripe arrives this week and I wanna build everything for my TV in Bedroom. So where and what for settings I have to do for gettting good Ambilight? Do your have an example?

Thx forward :)
My TV's: UE50H6470 and UE75H6470

bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by bobiturboto » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:17 am

Check first post please

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk


Allodo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by Allodo » Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 pm

Yes I've read first post, but which parameter is for upside-down?
My TV's: UE50H6470 and UE75H6470

bobiturboto
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 418
Joined: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:15 pm
Location: Bulgaria

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by bobiturboto » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:11 pm

You can try with REVERSE

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk


adonis
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by adonis » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:14 pm

Allodo wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:16 pm
Yes I've read first post, but which parameter is for upside-down?
so imagine, you have somethin like this: RRRGGBBBWW (red, green, blue, white)

with REVERSE:1 it would be WWBBBGGRRR

with OFFSET:3 it would be BWWRRRGGB (push by 3 pixels)

and with OFFSET:3 REVERSE:1 it would be RRRWWBBBGG

Allodo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by Allodo » Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Thx a lot for your help :)

Yesterday I started to test on my TV in my bedroom with my new LED's and it seems to work. But the LED's where as shipped on a role and the number couldn't be right. But for testing if everything works it was enough.

Today I start on my TV in Livingroom but everytime I start Ambilight over console my TV crashes, but Screenshots I could make and everything works well. Maybe my Settings are fault.

I start with following over console to test if everything works:

Code: Select all

samyGOso -d -T -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:101 V_LEDS:58 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.15 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:24 REVERSE:1
And here is my modified Sketch:

Code: Select all

#define NUM_LEDS 159

#define DATA_PIN 2
#define CLOCK_PIN 0

#define COLOR_ORDER RBG

#define serialRate 115200
#define MAX_BUFFER 512
#define FADE_STEPS 10
#define LOSE_TOLERANCE 250000 // tolerance while no data is received keeps previous leds, otherwise turns leds off

#define UDP_PORT 5050

CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];
CRGB new_leds[NUM_LEDS];
CRGB fade_amount[NUM_LEDS];

const char* ssid = "XXX"; // WIFI name
const char* password =  "XXXXXXXX"; //WiFi password
I only changed the Number of LED's and Settings for my WIFI.

On the Picture I illustrated how my hardware looks like.

Maybe you can tell me what I've done wrong.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My TV's: UE50H6470 and UE75H6470

WarLLe
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:01 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by WarLLe » Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:53 pm

adonis wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm
zoelechat wrote:
Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:01 am
I developed lib first on E and I'm able to confirm all RAW/BMP -as well as all other- features are working there.
Ok, so maybe E/H series works well with RAW/BMP, and F is the only issue-maker here :-)

Got an H Series with T-GFS Firmware. Only working with ALT method for me.

adonis
SamyGO Project Donor
Posts: 26
Joined: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by adonis » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Allodo wrote:
Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:43 pm
Thx a lot for your help :)

Yesterday I started to test on my TV in my bedroom with my new LED's and it seems to work. But the LED's where as shipped on a role and the number couldn't be right. But for testing if everything works it was enough.

Today I start on my TV in Livingroom but everytime I start Ambilight over console my TV crashes, but Screenshots I could make and everything works well. Maybe my Settings are fault.

I start with following over console to test if everything works:

Code: Select all

samyGOso -d -T -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:101 V_LEDS:58 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.15 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:24 REVERSE:1
And here is my modified Sketch:

Code: Select all

#define NUM_LEDS 159

#define DATA_PIN 2
#define CLOCK_PIN 0

#define COLOR_ORDER RBG

#define serialRate 115200
#define MAX_BUFFER 512
#define FADE_STEPS 10
#define LOSE_TOLERANCE 250000 // tolerance while no data is received keeps previous leds, otherwise turns leds off

#define UDP_PORT 5050

CRGB leds[NUM_LEDS];
CRGB new_leds[NUM_LEDS];
CRGB fade_amount[NUM_LEDS];

const char* ssid = "XXX"; // WIFI name
const char* password =  "XXXXXXXX"; //WiFi password
I only changed the Number of LED's and Settings for my WIFI.

On the Picture I illustrated how my hardware looks like.

Maybe you can tell me what I've done wrong.
lol... you should not use the whole count of your H_LEDS and V_LEDS, just how many are on each side... sorry... I'll update the documentation to clearify that.
in your case it should be something like H_LEDS:55 and V_LEDS:29 - though having an odd number is a bit strange.

Allodo
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:00 pm

Re: [App] libAmbiLight E/F/H

Post by Allodo » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:40 pm

Well I've tried with lower settings for LED but the TV crashes :(

With these settings it crashs

Code: Select all

samyGOso -d -T -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:55 V_LEDS:29 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.15 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:10 REVERSE:1
With your test settings it works

Code: Select all

samyGOso -d -T -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.15 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:17 REVERSE:0
Is there maybe a limit for number of LED's?

And what about my hardwaresetting? ON Top I have 53 LED'S and on Bottom only 48?
Is the Run-Direction of LED's important? Because my LED's runs from the middle of TV to right direction (Invers Clockwise).

Thx a lot for your help :)
My TV's: UE50H6470 and UE75H6470

Post Reply

Return to “[H] Software”