Version 2.0 out!!
The lib uses partly code of zoelechat's libScreenShot, except that it sends the data via UDP to an ESP8266 controller. So, without zoelechat, this project wouldn't be able - thx man!
Due to the fact that the script does not grab the data exactly from the edges but with some padding (to avoid black borders), therefore it looks like they're a bit offset.
- adressable LED-Controller (WS28x, anything that's supported by FastLED)
- ESP8266-12E (the one with the USB-port, less headache )
- PSU (power-supply for LED-strip)
- First install latest samyGOso as usual, if needed.
- Get your LED light mounted and connected correctly and verify that it works with FastLED (use the Blink example)
- Modify the attached app.ino, especially the LEDS and WiFi-settings
- upload app.ino to the ESP8266
- Copy libAmbilight.so to the libSo directory (usually /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso
- Modify 99_100_AmbiLight.init to your needs (see section "Settings")
- Copy 99_100_AmbiLight.init to /mnt/etc/init.d (CAUTION!!! Test first that everything works fine, before you procede to this step)
H_LEDS amount of your horizontal leds (only on one side, top or bottom)
V_LEDS amount of vertical leds (only on one side, left or right)
SERVER_IP IP of the ESP8266
SERVER_PORT Port on which the ESP8266 operates (default 5050)
OFFSET Shift the LED data by this number (positive numbers only, max size of led-strip), generally the led-data starts at the bottom right corner (if you stand in front of your TV)
REVERSE 0 for counter-clockwise-mount 1 for clockwise-mount (if you stand in front of your TV)
To test if everything works fine, modify and execute the following command.
Code: Select all
samyGOso -d -T -B -r -l /mnt/opt/privateer/usr/libso/libAmbiLight.so H_LEDS:36 V_LEDS:18 SERVER_IP:192.168.1.32 SERVER_PORT:5050 OFFSET:17 REVERSE:0
- Currently no support for "gap" on the bottom of the TV
Since I do stuff like this as a hobby - feel free to donate
- Add gap at bottom
- Grab data exactly from the edges with black-border-detection and user-definable padding
- Modify ESP8266 firmware to be controllable via smartphone