[Ended][ROOT] H "Skype" root (FW<=Dec.2014, all T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

ryn0909
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series

Post by ryn0909 »

sectroyer wrote:
ryn0909 wrote: The region is set to USA, what should i set it to??
Anything else than you would actually CHANGE it :) if you set it from USA to USA that's (by definition) not a change :)

ok so should i change it to something other than USA?? if so, why does it need to b changed
UN46H6201AF-XZA
T-NT14MAKUC-1112.1
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

ryn0909 wrote:
ok so should i change it to something other than USA?? if so, why does it need to b changed
Because that's the ONLY way to reinstall Skype :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

lbalan79 wrote:I am trying this on an T-GFP9AKUC

I know this might not work on this model but still I get this error which is strange since I did copy all files. It looks like skype/AutoStart is not there. Where is the option to add skype to AutoStart? It looks like it starts automatically anyway.
20150117_221952.jpg

Just bumping this in case anyone wants to follow up.
ryn0909
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by ryn0909 »

sectroyer wrote:
ryn0909 wrote:
Because that's the ONLY way to reinstall Skype :)

even if my tv isnt compatible with skype? from what samsung says.
UN46H6201AF-XZA
T-NT14MAKUC-1112.1
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

ryn0909 wrote:
even if my tv isnt compatible with skype? from what samsung says.
Ehh I am confused than why did you ignore ifnromation from first post that Skype is required ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

lbalan79 wrote:I am trying this on an T-GFP9AKUC

I know this might not work on this model but still I get this error which is strange since I did copy all files. It looks like skype/AutoStart is not there. Where is the option to add skype to AutoStart? It looks like it starts automatically anyway.
20150117_221952.jpg
There is NO Autostart file it will not work :) This file is created when you launch skype :)
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H series (updated 18.01.2015)

Post by lbalan79 »

Thank you for your reply. I did start Skype quite a few times now and still there is no AutoStart file created. Any idea why? Should I post my skype version and firmware version?

Thank you
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

Update for non MST

all GFS/GFP users (NON MST), please try new updated samyext4.img

Just keep in mind: after you install rooting widget and run it, do not power off TV, but set sheduled power on via EPG timer. Wait for TV start and check ssh on port 22...
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

lbalan79 wrote:Thank you for your reply. I did start Skype quite a few times now and still there is no AutoStart file created. Any idea why? Should I post my skype version and firmware version?

Thank you
If you really, really want to check edit file Main.js on usb and change this:

Code: Select all

exists(skypePath + "/runSamyGO.sh");
to this:

Code: Select all

currentStep += exists(skypePath + "/runSamyGO.sh");
Edit ONLY wiht notepad++ :)
lbalan79
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by lbalan79 »

juuso wrote:all GFS/GFP users (NON MST), please try new updated samyext4.img

Just keep in mind: after you install rooting widget and run it, do not power off TV, but set sheduled power on via EPG timer. Wait for TV start and check ssh on port 22...
Thank you. My issue is that the script does not even run. It does not get to the point where it even copies the .so and autostart file. It just stops because there is no autostart under the skype path.

Return to “[H] Software”