[App] Dialog. Bash GUI C/D/E/F/H

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] Dialog. Bash GUI C/D/E/F/H

Post by sectroyer »

Unpack attached file and put libdialog.so.11 in some directory within LD_LIBRARY_PATH, then copy dialog binary to some directory within PATH.
Test if it works by running this:

Code: Select all

dialog --extra-label Info --extra-button  --menu "Choose one:" 10 30 3 1 red 2 green 3 blue; echo $?
mods. mirror :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
joskevermeulen
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] Dialog. Bash GUI C/D/E/F/H

Post by joskevermeulen »

What exactly does this do?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

It opens a dialog asking for you to choose between red, green and blue, then it exits whatever you select :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
Lordbyte

Post by Lordbyte »

sectroyer is in the process of making a brand new TV GUI :-)
I provide NO assistance by PM, unless absolutely necessary. Please ask questions in dedicated topics.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Lordbyte wrote:sectroyer is in the process of making a brand new TV GUI :-)
Something like this. Posting it now before it will be required for future patches :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
tempinbox

Post by tempinbox »

i want to try if it works on c series but as noob i don't understand where i have to copy these files i try to excute with ./dialog but as i expected it can not find shared libraries

SELP#> ./dialog --extra-label Info --extra-button  --menu "Choose one:" 10 30 3 1 red 2 green 3 blue; echo $?
./dialog: error while loading shared libraries: libdialog.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
i put dialog binary in \dtv\usb\sda1\SamyGO\opt\privateer\usr\bin and the lib in dtv\usb\sda1\SamyGO\opt\privateer\lib
other test
dialog binary in SamyGO\opt\privateer\usr\bin lib in dtv\usb\sda1\SamyGO\opt\privateer\lib and another copy of dialog binary in SamyGO\opt\privateer\usr\sbin

SELP#> ./dialog --extra-label Info --extra-button  --menu "Choose one:" 10 30 3 1 red 2 green 3 blue; echo $?
sh: ./dialog: Text file busy
anyone can confirm that this works also on c series?
as noob i understand that on unix systems when something doesn't work is ever a path problems :oops: :D
Now i'm trying again and again i also set chmod+x to dialog but i got " error while loading shared libraries: libdialog.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" sectroyer or other can explain my where copy the files?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

always when you need to use samygo environment in bash, use
. /dtv/SGO.env
at the begining. Something like this. Place dialog in /mtd_down, and execute:

. /dtv/SGO.env
cd /mtd_down
chmod 755 /mtd_down/dialog 
./dialog  blah blah bla
@sectroyer
btw, does not work on D series due xterm problems

Error opening terminal: xterm.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

What was the value of $TERM on your TV?
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

root@[TV] /> echo $TERM
xterm
root@[TV] /> . /dtv/SGO.env
root@[TV] /> echo $TERM
xterm
root@[TV] />
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Confirmed here it works like a charm on my C so all C/D problems you experience have to be caused by incorrectly setup telnet/ssh :)

Return to “[H] Software”