[App] SamyGO Watchdog.

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[App] SamyGO Watchdog.

Post by sectroyer »

You can use this script if you have disabled watchdog but you still want to have similar features with SamyGO :)
To enable simply run:

Code: Select all

/tmp/watchdog.sh &
If you want (temporary) stop watchdog run:

Code: Select all

/tmp/watchdog.sh stop
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [App] SamyGO Watchdog.

Post by leikli »

I looked at the script. Why does it sleep for 300 seconds at a time? Would it not be better with a much shorter time, like one second?

I miss the watchdog sometimes, like when I am testing PVRDecoder. Would this script help when the TV hangs?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote:I looked at the script. Why does it sleep for 300 seconds at a time? Would it not be better with a much shorter time, like one second?
Well with shorter time you have less time to STOP it from restarting. I often want to be able to do that :) Anyway you can set it to any value :)
leikli wrote:
I miss the watchdog sometimes, like when I am testing PVRDecoder. Would this script help when the TV hangs?
Yeah it would shutdown TV :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I just understood... It's "No_Need_to_Unplug_from_the_Wall.sh", that's it? :D
You asked me to mirror, but is it really needed on all series? My E always ends up in powering off, even if I need to press power for 10-20 seconds sometimes. And most of the time it does it by itself :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

zoelechat wrote:I just understood... It's "No_Need_to_Unplug_from_the_Wall.sh", that's it? :D
You asked me to mirror, but is it really needed on all series? My E always ends up in powering off, even if I need to press power for 10-20 seconds sometimes. And most of the time it does it by itself :)
Well it all depends if yo want to have your "normal" watchdog :) I want to have my own which I can control :)
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote:
leikli wrote:
Yeah it would shutdown TV :)
It does not work for me when the TV hangs/stops responding. I still have to pull the plug. I changed both sleep times in the script to 1.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote: It does not work for me when the TV hangs/stops responding. I still have to pull the plug. I changed both sleep times in the script to 1.
Did you put /tmp/watchdog.sh & in some init script so it's started on every boot. And do you copy watchdog.sh on EVERY BOOT to /tmp/. Or use some other autostart mechanism?
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote:
leikli wrote: It does not work for me when the TV hangs/stops responding. I still have to pull the plug. I changed both sleep times in the script to 1.
Did you put /tmp/watchdog.sh & in some init script so it's started on every boot. And do you copy watchdog.sh on EVERY BOOT to /tmp/. Or use some other autostart mechanism?
I copied the script after every boot, whenever I tested it. I have not automated the startup.

If the script had worked the way I wanted, where would have been the best place to put it?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote: I copied the script after every boot, whenever I tested it. I have not automated the startup.
And you started it every time ? Did you wait enough?
leikli wrote: If the script had worked the way I wanted, where would have been the best place to put it?
Any place you line and any place it works :)

Return to “[H] Software”