[APP] please test OnlineTV - Watch more channels directly from the TV (IPTV)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

wluczykijwf
Official SamyGO Developer

[APP] please test OnlineTV - Watch more channels directly from the TV (IPTV)

Post by wluczykijwf »

Hi,

Please, testing applications on Series H.
Application functionality has been confirmed to TV ES and F series.

Links to topic: [APP]More TV channels on ES/F series and last version the app OnlineTV v. 1.0.5.

Thank you.
sorry for my english
UE40F8000 (T-FXPDEUC-1136.0), BD-D5500
ZGod

Re: [APP] please test OnlineTV - Watch more channels directly from the TV (IPTV)

Post by ZGod »

I tried to get it on my H5570, but it doesn't show up on the tv when I try to sync it from my webserver. (I can sync a whole bunch of other applications without issues, so my set up seems ok.)
It seems there's a problem which prevents it from being installed on the series H.
wluczykijwf

Re: [APP] please test OnlineTV - Watch more channels directly from the TV (IPTV)

Post by wluczykijwf »

ZGod wrote:I tried to get it on my H5570, but it doesn't show up on the tv when I try to sync it from my webserver. (I can sync a whole bunch of other applications without issues, so my set up seems ok.)
It seems there's a problem which prevents it from being installed on the series H.
To install the app you must have root. The files of app must be manually (via ftp) placed in the directory OnlineTV with widgets user directory. In the F series, the directory is: /mtd_rwcommon/widgets/user. The installation procedure is described in the topic: viewtopic.php?f=63&t=8760#p70515.
sorry for my english
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

Ah, I see. I haven't rooted my TV yet. So far it's been keeping me busy enough without it and I understand SamyGO is not finalized yet for the H series. I'll try the application once I've done that.
I'm wondering what features it has above ForkPlayer though, which can work without rooting.
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

ZGod wrote:Ah, I see. I haven't rooted my TV yet. So far it's been keeping me busy enough without it and I understand SamyGO is not finalized yet for the H series. I'll try the application once I've done that.
I'm wondering what features it has above ForkPlayer though, which can work without rooting.
Ok. Right. The ForkPlayer is app which has wonderful features, but not provides opportunities to watch IPTV channels directly from the TV.
For me this is the most important :) .
sorry for my english
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

You mean it integrates with Samsung's UI for watching TV? That indeed sounds nice :)
Would it also allow PIP to function? This does not work with ForkPlayer.
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

ZGod wrote:You mean it integrates with Samsung's UI for watching TV? That indeed sounds nice :)
Yes, the app working in background and works most features with Samsung's UI for watching TV. This is can be seen on movie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xs0XKT5Z-I.
ZGod wrote:Would it also allow PIP to function?
This does not work with OnlineTV, but it is possible to implement. For now, my time is limited, in order to implement it.
sorry for my english
ZGod

Post by ZGod »

Looks nice!!! I'll definitely try this in due time. I'm sorry I can't test it now, it seems very elegant. Another feature that I miss now with ForkPlayer is the option to use a teletext decoder (the TV's would seem the handiest) on the TV stations. Is this also solved by your solution?
wluczykijwf

Post by wluczykijwf »

ZGod wrote:Looks nice!!! I'll definitely try this in due time. I'm sorry I can't test it now, it seems very elegant.
I am waiting for you test :).
ZGod wrote:Another feature that I miss now with ForkPlayer is the option to use a teletext decoder (the TV's would seem the handiest) on the TV stations. Is this also solved by your solution?
The OnlineTV app does not support teletext for TV sources online. Samsung API can detect teletext stream, but I can not display it. A similar problem is with subtitles.
sorry for my english
TheInvisible
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by TheInvisible »

how about watching sky go streams with this app? would be really useful :-)

Return to “[H] Software”