Should be suitable for (at least): T-NT14U<1050, T-GFPxDEUC<1290 T-MST14<2790, NT14M < ??? and NT14MJDEUC < ???? (10/12/2017) firmwares.
You may need to downgrade first if your firmware is out of bounds.
Prior warnings: Very important, read carefully !! Provided support will depend on their respect.
- Don't expect hack to be working correctly if you don't disable "OTN support" in extended service menu: wiki
- If you can't do so because option is greyed out, you have to block updates on router level: how-to
- You also HAVE to disable Watchdog in service menu or you'll get permanent random unexpected crashes.
- Any "don't work" report has to come with screenshot of rooting app log, else "don't help".
You must be as accurate as possible on any problem description.
- For now, it's mandatory to use Wi-Fi connection for root to work. LAN support will be added later.
- Later: Check there for boot-time dynamic LAN switch (to install ONLY once root is done and working over wifi).
- Once rooted, strongly avoid unplugging of rooting USB, especially when TV is ON.
- Also avoid Factory Reset, high brick risk !!! Only as last resort, rooting USB unplugged, and mandatorily ONLY once you applied "Notice" you'll find at the bottom of this post to remove root.
If rooting successful, write FULL TV model and FULL firmware name/version. Thanks
@ALL who already rooted - questions not related to rooting procedure please write in H series support subforum.
- This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk.
- You need to switch your TV to Wi-Fi connection.
- It seems that having both a recording device AND the rooting USB attached helps a lot.
- To "create" a recording device: Shut down TV. Unplug usb with rooting data. Plug one of your free USB disks. Start TV and once it loads hit REC, it will ask if it can format the disk. Format and record something then shutdown TV, attach SECOND usb (the one with rooting data), start TV
- Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF Samsung - this option must be OFF
- Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON - this option must be OFF
(if these options are not existing on your TV, simply don't set them!)
- Unpack attached SamyGO.zip to FAT USB
- Unpack attached InstallSamyGO-H.zip to FAT USB
- Download samyext4.zip from HERE (25/09/2015)
- For NT14M and NT14MJDEUC download newvdfs.zip from HERE or here (10/12/2017)
- For NT14MJDEUC download run1.sh_T-NT14MJDEUC.zip attached below and replace run1.sh to the one from archive (10/12/2017)
- Unpack samyext4.img (or in case of NT14M or NT14MJDEUC newdfs.img) and copy it to SamyGO directory on FAT USB
- Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: InstallSamyGO-H and SamyGO
- Connect USB to TV
- Launch ONLY ONCE InstallSamyGO-H from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear reboot TV). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!! Remember to MAKE A PHOTO of rooting app log!!!
- Press enter when you're asked, the widget will automatically finish installation then.
- When it finishes it will ask to reboot TV.
- Reboot TV and wait 5 minutes.
- Power OFF TV and UNPLUG USB.
- On PC check USB. You should see following files:
- insmod_qca.sh OR insmod_bcm.sh
- SamyGO/vermagic.txt (in some cases you might NOT see this file but if root is working do NOT worry )
- Make a backup of those files, they WILL CHANGE AFTER NEXT BOOT and you WILL NEED THEM LATER!!!
- Double click patch.bat (Linux/Unix/Mac OS X users should use patch.sh) wait for it to finish and make print screen of output.
- Connect USB to TV
- Power ON TV and wait 5 minutes.
- Now SamyGO is started and telnet/ftp/etc. should work.
- If you have ANY problems please attach rooting app log photo AND PASTE FULL log(s) (insmod_*.sh, sam.log, vermagic.txt and patch.bat log) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide a link to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/. Otherwise "NO HELP"!!! Please do NOT attach log files directly OR zip them!!!
Notice: In case you change root method to Skype one, to properly remove current root, last action you HAVE to do before unplugging and cleaning USB is to Telnet command:
Code: Select all