[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Post by sectroyer »

Yet another rooting method for H series. Use that one if (and only if) you weren't able to successfully apply former Skype based.
Should be suitable for (at least): T-NT14U<1050, T-GFPxDEUC<1290 T-MST14<2790, NT14M < ??? and NT14MJDEUC < ???? (10/12/2017) firmwares.
You may need to downgrade first if your firmware is out of bounds.

Prior warnings: Very important, read carefully !! Provided support will depend on their respect.
  • Don't expect hack to be working correctly if you don't disable "OTN support" in extended service menu: wiki
    • If you can't do so because option is greyed out, you have to block updates on router level: how-to
  • You also HAVE to disable Watchdog in service menu or you'll get permanent random unexpected crashes.
  • Any "don't work" report has to come with screenshot of rooting app log, else "don't help".
    You must be as accurate as possible on any problem description.
  • For now, it's mandatory to use Wi-Fi connection for root to work. LAN support will be added later.
    • Later: Check there for boot-time dynamic LAN switch (to install ONLY once root is done and working over wifi).
  • Once rooted, strongly avoid unplugging of rooting USB, especially when TV is ON.
  • Also avoid Factory Reset, high brick risk !!! Only as last resort, rooting USB unplugged, and mandatorily ONLY once you applied "Notice" you'll find at the bottom of this post to remove root.
In case you're asked to "attach" some files, paste them directly to forum if they're of reasonable size, please don't make the job more difficult by posting 1 byte file on dropbox for example.

If rooting successful, write FULL TV model and FULL firmware name/version. Thanks :)

@ALL who already rooted - questions not related to rooting procedure please write in H series support subforum.

Preliminaries:
  • This rooting method requires fat formatted usb disk.
  • You need to switch your TV to Wi-Fi connection.
  • It seems that having both a recording device AND the rooting USB attached helps a lot.
    • To "create" a recording device: Shut down TV. Unplug usb with rooting data. Plug one of your free USB disks. Start TV and once it loads hit REC, it will ask if it can format the disk. Format and record something then shutdown TV, attach SECOND usb (the one with rooting data), start TV :)
  • Menu->System->General->Quickly Power OFF Samsung - this option must be OFF
  • Menu->System->General->Samsung Instant ON - this option must be OFF
    (if these options are not existing on your TV, simply don't set them!)
Here are the steps to make it work:
  1. Unpack attached SamyGO.zip to FAT USB
  2. Unpack attached InstallSamyGO-H.zip to FAT USB
  3. Download samyext4.zip from HERE (25/09/2015)
  4. For NT14M and NT14MJDEUC download newvdfs.zip from HERE or here (10/12/2017)Image
  5. For NT14MJDEUC download run1.sh_T-NT14MJDEUC.zip attached below and replace run1.sh to the one from archive (10/12/2017)Image
  6. Unpack samyext4.img (or in case of NT14M or NT14MJDEUC newdfs.img) and copy it to SamyGO directory on FAT USB
  7. Now you should have FAT USB with two folders: InstallSamyGO-H and SamyGO
  8. Connect USB to TV
  9. Launch ONLY ONCE InstallSamyGO-H from SmartHub (if it doesn't appear reboot TV). Sometimes it is necessary to connect USB WHILE TV IS OFF!!! Remember to MAKE A PHOTO of rooting app log!!!
  10. Press enter when you're asked, the widget will automatically finish installation then.
  11. When it finishes it will ask to reboot TV.
  12. Reboot TV and wait 5 minutes.
  13. Power OFF TV and UNPLUG USB.
  14. On PC check USB. You should see following files:
    • insmod_qca.sh OR insmod_bcm.sh
    • network_type_info.txt
    • wifi_vendor.txt
    • SamyGO/vermagic.txt (in some cases you might NOT see this file but if root is working do NOT worry :) ) If you have this file but it's empty or less than 20 bytes and root does NOT work. Please replace file sfd.sh on USB with attached sfd.sh from sfd.sh.zip. After that plug USB. Power ON TV, wait 5 minutes and go to point 13
  15. Make a backup of those files, they WILL CHANGE AFTER NEXT BOOT and you WILL NEED THEM LATER!!!
  16. If you don't have correct vermagic.txt (see previous point) STOP HERE!!!! Otherwise you will break your root and will have to prepare usb once again!! If your vermagic.txt is correct double click patch.bat (Linux/Unix/Mac OS X users should use patch.sh) wait for it to finish and make print screen of output.
  17. Connect USB to TV
  18. Power ON TV and wait 5 minutes.
  19. Now SamyGO is started and telnet/ftp/etc. should work.
  20. If you have ANY problems please attach rooting app log photo AND PASTE FULL log(s) (insmod_*.sh, sam.log, vermagic.txt and patch.bat log) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide a link to pasted file(s) on http://ctrlv.it/. Otherwise "NO HELP"!!! Please do NOT attach log files directly OR zip them!!!
If ever you encounter issues such as unstability, "oscam not starting fast enough" (or root itself), or anything else you could complain about, do not expect any fix for now. In such case, just use libFWdowngrade to go back to a firmware supporting Skype based rooting, then apply that well-tried method. Otherwise, you have to live with it :)

Notice: In case you change root method to Skype one, to properly remove current root, last action you HAVE to do before unplugging and cleaning USB is to Telnet command:

Code: Select all

rm /mtd_rwarea/network/runSamyGO.sh
Then you're safe in preventing some potential conflict.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sectroyer on Sun May 17, 2020 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Tested on a H6200 firmware 2750 and not worked :)
I attach all files and logs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:Tested on a H6200 firmware 2750 and not worked :)
I attach all files and logs.
Where is roooting app log ? (from TV) ? :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Sorry. I tried to add all info (but seems not) :)
I also add port 3123 image.
Also when i run the bat file seems tat the vermagic position is not found correctly...
Any sugestion ?
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Yeah your TV IS ROOTED. What is missing you incorrectly run patch.bat. Did you double click it ON USB ? :)
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

sectroyer wrote:Yeah your TV IS ROOTED. What is missing you incorrectly run patch.bat. Did you double click it ON USB ? :)
Yes. I double click it ON USB (on Windows 10) and got the info attached...
Is it normal ?
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

Ok. On 2nd try something diferent :)
And now ROOT OK :)

Note: ROOT OK, Copied some files and now lost root :(
Will try reset and restart again :)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

Good to know it worked for you :D
FilipeAmadeuO
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by FilipeAmadeuO »

sectroyer wrote:Good to know it worked for you :D
Yes it worked but have some little problems :)
When i change between analog -> digital channels = KAPUT (Crash)
Also 'libOscamH_build 128' seems to also crash tv.

Should i disable watchdog ? Want any log ?
Last edited by FilipeAmadeuO on Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Disable analog :)

You should ALWAYS disable watchdog.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.

Return to “[H] Software”