[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

notengo13
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by notengo13 »

Razoola1 wrote:Do you know if I need the FACTORY+3SPEED entry method to access it (because its in the extended service menu) or can it be found in the normal service menu on my firmware model (GFP8DEUC)? I'm not with the panel right now to check.
On firmware T-MST14DUEC is in normal service menu. On yours I don't have any idea.
UE48H6640 T-MST14DEUC 2781.0 root latestH --> 2130.0 skypeRoot-->0000-->2115.3 "Skype refueled" Root
QE55QN93A - - >firmware T-NKM2DEUC-1805.4 (backup 1590.0) - - >update CURL60 Error --> CURL28 Error
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

I have not been following this forum for a while and my questions may already have been answered before. Since Skype soon no longer will be available, I need to change rooting method.

Can I root a TV, which already is successfully rooted with the Skype method, with the WiFi method right away, or do I need to "unroot" the TV before. If so, how should I do? Are there any other preparations I should do before I begin?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

We will know after 2nd of June. We won't be surprised EVEN if root keeps on working :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote:We will know after 2nd of June. We won't be surprised EVEN if root keeps on working :)
How could the rooting work without Skype?

In any way, I don't mind changing rooting method if it works just as good as with the Skype method. But since my TV already is rooted with the Skype method, can I switch rooting method without problems? I don't know exactly how the rooting works. I assume that my TV is not in exactly the same state as before rooting, if I remove the USB stick. How much is stored on the USB stick and how much is stored on the TV itself? Should I do a factory reset? Do I need to up- or downgrade the firmware?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

@leikli: You should leave the current root as is until the deadline expires. You can disable internet access for your TV and root will continue to work (e.g. skype tries to start and enables root). If you want to switch root, most likely you just need to use the standard wifi rooting method on a fresh USB disk.
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130
Wolfgan
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Wolfgan »

atilla wrote:Is samba better than dlna?I want the videos are sorted by date, it is possible at samba?? Dlna are sort omly by name (minidlna or twonky its a bug)
Did you try minidlna force_sort_criteria modifiers? https://www.mankier.com/5/minidlna.conf
Samba is a whole implementation of CIFS/SMB network file sharing, while DLNA is media specific and takes less resources on your server host.
Tinkerer & owner of a UN48H6400
smart_lover
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smart_lover »

sectroyer wrote:
[*]For now, it's mandatory to use Wi-Fi connection for root to work. LAN support will be added later.
  • Later: Check there for boot-time dynamic LAN switch (to install ONLY once
Does it mean that even I rooted my TV successfully, I always have to have a valid wifi connection in my room to start tv properly after each power off?
Or I have to have wifi connection JUST ONE TIME during root process?
Unfortunately I can not provide wifi connection in my room at all. Is there any alternative root method for me?(I already know that skype will not be supported any more from 2 june)
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Both. It depends if you click "there" link (and read it) or NOT :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
smart_lover
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by smart_lover »

sectroyer wrote:Both. It depends if you click "there" link (and read it) or NOT :)
I read it. But actually I am confused!
Do I need active wifi connection in each tv power on after first successful root or not?
Or just auto switch(using libNetswitch) between wifi(without real hotspot)to Lan(connected with cable to switch)is enough for me?
Please help me to find my way.
mad_ady
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by mad_ady »

As far as I know you always need wifi connection on boot. But you can cheat and after TV is rooted you can install the soft power off mod and it will put your tv to sleep instead of in power off. When you turn on you'll be rooted and you'll need wifi only when you have power cuts.
H6400, firmware 2602.2 downgraded to 2130

Return to “[H] Software”