[ROOT] H "Network" root (FW<=Oct.2015, no T-GFS)

Here are software that related with Samsung H series TVs.
Please don't create any new topic here unless you have software to post/release.

sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by sectroyer »

Nah if you use libNetSwitch you only need wifi once :) It auto switches on each boot :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Except in case of power loss/crash/unexpected off, you'll need to re-switch manually to wifi, that's what mad_ady meant, and that's what I say in libNetSwitch thread :)
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
MrHunter
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by MrHunter »

Thanks. Everything fine with my TV. UE40H7090 with T-GFSDEUC 1220 is rooted again.
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

MrHunter wrote:Thanks. Everything fine with my TV. UE40H7090 with T-GFSDEUC 1220 is rooted again.
Very interesting, since your TV have a similar firmware as mine. My TV is still rooted with the Skype method, since I have blocked it from reaching the internet, but it is hardly very useful in the long run.

Did you have to do any particular preparations, because of the previous rooting, before re-rooting your TV again?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
Marflow
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by Marflow »

FilipeAmadeuO wrote:OK. Just as a side info.
I removed both "/bin/sleep 30" lines in run.sh and sfd.sh and nows oscam starts in a whooping time of 24 seconds (Before it was 54 seconds) :)
And root works ok as before :)
After this modification root/TV still works OK?

PS I change root method from Skype. Can I now delete:

/mtd_rwcommon/moip/engines/Skype/ (runSamyGO.sh :) )
/mtd_rwcommon/emps/empSkype/
/mtd_rwcommon/emps/empSkype_img/
?
40H6500
T-MST14DEUC-2130 (network root)
OTN off
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

delete ONLY runSamyGO.sh. Leave the rest :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
MrHunter
SamyGO Project Donor

Re: RE: Re: [!!!] Rooting H on latest firmwares

Post by MrHunter »

leikli wrote:Very interesting, since your TV have a similar firmware as mine. My TV is still rooted with the Skype method, since I have blocked it from reaching the internet, but it is hardly very useful in the long run.

Did you have to do any particular preparations, because of the previous rooting, before re-rooting your TV again?
No, I only followed the instructions from the first post and everything was fine.

I didnt blocked the Samsung URLs in my Router. I think because of this my root was gone. (only deactivated the Firmware Updates in the service menu)

Gesendet von meinem HTC 10 mit Tapatalk
Edited by Moderator: Crapatalk bad quote edit
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

MrHunter wrote: I didnt blocked the Samsung URLs in my Router. I think because of this my root was gone.
You think so :P Maybe it auto update because of some magic wizard? Or maybe aliens did it ?:P
MrHunter wrote:[only deactivated the Firmware Updates in the service menu
Which means you COMPLETELY ignored what we describe, assumed we are dumb and you are smarter:P
leikli
SamyGO Project Donor

Post by leikli »

sectroyer wrote:
MrHunter wrote: I didnt blocked the Samsung URLs in my Router. I think because of this my root was gone.
You think so :P Maybe it auto update because of some magic wizard? Or maybe aliens did it ?:P
Calm down, his TV is successfully rooted again.

My TV is still rooted with the Skype method, but I have blocked all internet access for the moment. However, I don't want to continue with this forever. Would it be enough to block only the Samsung domains to avoid losing Skype?
Model: UE40H7005 Firmware: T-GFSDEUC-1210.5 (previously T-GFSDEUC-1142.0)
sectroyer

Post by sectroyer »

leikli wrote: My TV is still rooted with the Skype method, but I have blocked all internet access for the moment. However, I don't want to continue with this forever. Would it be enough to block only the Samsung domains to avoid losing Skype?
I will say something like that. I DO have "Skype root" working. And one more thing "cavalry is on the way" :) Be patient :)

Return to “[H] Software”