Best TV for rooting?

This forum is for information related with H series hardware instead of firmware/software.

pauleverglade

Best TV for rooting?

Post by pauleverglade »

Hi all,

I wanted to know which model TV was the best to root. I am looking to get an American H series TV to root. Are American versions harder or not rootable? Only reason I ask is that I noticed most of the TVs talked about on this forum are European versions.

Thanks,
Paul Everglade
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Re: Best TV for rooting?

Post by sectroyer »

H is nice for rooting I would stick with that :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!
pauleverglade

Post by pauleverglade »

Sectroyer,

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you suggest a specific H series? For example, is UN40H5500 good for rooting? Also does it matter at all that its a U.S model?

Thanks again,
Paul Everglade
sectroyer
Official SamyGO Developer

Post by sectroyer »

Nope US doesn't matter. What matters is to disable OTN Support and block updates on router ASAP. The lowest fw version you have the better. Remember that IMMEDIATELY after you connect tv to the internet it WILL auto update to latest version :)
I do NOT support "latest fw" at ALL. If you have one you should block updates on router and wait for it to STOP being "latest":)
If you want me to help you please paste FULL log(s) to "spoiler"/"code" bbcodes or provide link(s) to pasted file(s) on https://pastebin.com Otherwise "NO HELP"!!!
If you want root DISABLE internet access to your device!!!!
DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE !!!!

Return to “[H] Hardware”