Mainboard swap from Korean to UK

This forum is for information related with H series hardware instead of firmware/software.

dah123

Mainboard swap from Korean to UK

Post by dah123 »

Hi, I'm UK based and have just acquired a UN55H7200F (Korean version) TV. It has a different tuner system than is used in UK so I was wondering if I can swap out the mainboard to a UE version? I know I'll have to mod the back case a little to accommodate the scart port and aerial connection but that won't be a problem.

Power is 220v so no problem there either.

Thanks

Dave.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Re: Mainboard swap from Korean to UK

Post by zoelechat »

I guess theoretically should be possible as long as all internal connectors exactly match, but I'm afraid nobody here ever tried or could confirm.
Tell us :)

Also keep somewhere service menu values of front color and panel type from your current M/B, might be useful to setup on new one.
I do NOT receive any PM. Please use forum.
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

I did swap on UN40D6000 to EU40D6750 w/o any issues. I then had to set proper front color to get TV working without any further issue. But i also heard some of our users got troubles afterwards - they had front touch panel not working or CI card not indentified. So no one can say you succeed for 100 percent. But if connectors match, then it should be possible though.
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE
dah123

Post by dah123 »

Thanks for the input.

The only thing that worries is getting the value for the front color. I've managed to get into the service menu using Mute 1-8-2 power, but I only have an Info screen and then only two options, one for a test patter and one that allows me to change Panel Display Time. Seems there's quite a bit missing.... any clues would be appreciated.

Thanks
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

Did you try to access "extended" service menu? (check wiki or search forum for how-to)
dah123

Post by dah123 »

I've accessed the extended menu and found the front colour, but nothing about panel type. Any clue on finding panel type would be most appreciated. Thanks.
zoelechat
SamyGO Moderator

Post by zoelechat »

It should be on same page as front color (in "Option" submenu)

1-Option.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dah123

Post by dah123 »

Thanks very much! Turns out the info is on separate pages, but have what I need now. Will update when the new mainboard arrives and I do the replacement. Thanks again.
dah123

Post by dah123 »

Quick update, did board swap and worked like a charm! Thanks for the help, much appreciated!
juusso
SamyGO Moderator

Post by juusso »

congratulations
LE40B653T5W,UE40D6750,UE65Q8C
Have questions? Read SamyGO Wiki, Search on forum first!
FFB (v0.8), FFB for CI+ . Get root on: C series, D series, E series, F series, H series. rooting K series, exeDSP/exeTV patches[C/D/E/F/H]

DO NOT EVER INSTALL FIRMWARE UPGRADE

Return to “[H] Hardware”